Solved

Automate subscription status

• 2 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have customers completing a typeform form - in this form one of the questions is do you consent to signing up to our emails - how can I create a process whereby these customers have their subscription status updated to subscribe them?

I am aware  at the moment I can still email these customers even though their subscription status is “never subscribed” 

And by manually adding them to a list - I can tick the box to change their subscription status - however I am looking for an automated process 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 2 October 2023, 15:22

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @gemmatoys thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community! 

One way you could accomplish this is by adding a profile property update in your flow, so when someone completes the typeform the profile property is added to their profile. You could make the property something like “Subscribed through typeform”.

You won’t be able to update the Klaviyo metric “subscribed” this way, but you would have a segment of people who are subscribed, and if you want to, you could export the segment every once and a while and bulk edit the “actively subscribed to email” status (be super careful doing this and make sure it’s only people who have truly subscribed or you will hit a world of deliverability issues). 

I hope this helps with your problem,

Katherine

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @gemmatoys 

@KatherineB answer is what I would suggest as well! Thanks @KatherineB for jumping in to help!