Solved

Can i get deleted profiles back?

• 18 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi, i tried following the guide of https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005078347-List-Cleaning 

But ended up deleting all of my subscribers (even those who actively opened my emails). 

Can i somehow get them back? 

I tried contacting support on Email but haven’t received any answers yet. Is there somehow a way i can get them back? 

Update: Not possible and found another solution. 

icon

Best answer by charlotandme 19 April 2023, 08:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @charlotandme,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Thanks for also sharing the answer to your question. As detailed in our How to delete, merge, and export a profile and How to bulk suppress or delete email contacts in Klaviyo Help Center articles, deleting profiles is a permanent action that cannot be reversed. 

What ended up being your solution? 

In my experience, a common solution would be to re-initiate a sync with your ecommerce site again to bring back those profiles and subscribers. However, keep in mind that there are some drawbacks to this as well. For example, because these profiles are seen as net-new, they will be re-initiated into your flows again, such as a welcome series. 

David

Badge +1

Hey @charlotandme,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Thanks for also sharing the answer to your question. As detailed in our How to delete, merge, and export a profile and How to bulk suppress or delete email contacts in Klaviyo Help Center articles, deleting profiles is a permanent action that cannot be reversed. 

What ended up being your solution? 

In my experience, a common solution would be to re-initiate a sync with your ecommerce site again to bring back those profiles and subscribers. However, keep in mind that there are some drawbacks to this as well. For example, because these profiles are seen as net-new, they will be re-initiated into your flows again, such as a welcome series. 

David

Hi David, 

Yes, i talked to support and found out it is a permanent delete. So had to eat the sour apple.

Though my solution was, to export my customers from my e-commerce (this case, shopify) and recent ‘sent’ profiles from my fresh campaign i sent out right before i deleted, into a CSV file. Luckily, they weren’t deleted from shopify.

Afterwards i figured i could also synch my ecommerce, to track back those customers though i had already done the ‘manual job’.

Due to another issue i had with another shop ecommerce platform, i had klaviyo do a purge so old products would not appear in my catalogue. So all of my flows etc, were set to ‘manual’ and turned off the ‘sign up form’.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @charlotandme,

Thanks for sharing your solution! 

I’m sure it will be helpful for other members who find themselves in a similar situation. 

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David