Solved

How to add a filter item price greater than?

• 11 September 2023
  • 8 replies

Badge +1

Hi everyone, 

I would like to know whether there is a direct or indirect way to create a segment of a ordered product event where the filter is item price greater than [insert value]? 

When adding a filter to my condition, changing the equals condition seems impossible. 

The use case I try to achieve is to send an email to customers who once bought an item that costs at least a certain amount. 

Hopefully, someone has already been in the same case and found a workaround! 

Thanks in advance, 

icon

Best answer by David To 13 September 2023, 21:05

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hey @LoicH37 You’re right the Ordered Product event doesn’t quite work for the price point, does the Ordered Product Value get what you need?

Badge +1

Hi @Brett_Gatsby

Thank you for your time. 

I tried this solution but the output is not what I expected. Indeed it appears that in my implementation, if someone buys 3 items in one order, 3 Ordered Product events are triggered. Henceforth, the condition “the value is greater than ...” is respected but if you pay attention more closely to the item prices then it appears that the person has bought an item for 40€, an item for 50€, and an item for 70€. 

I also added a condition AND to include a where quantity = 1 condition but it did not solve the problem. 

Perhaps, the issue lies in the implementation of my setup. I do not know if I am supposed to observe a chain of Ordered Product events triggered if someone buys multiple items in one order? 

Best, 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Ah got it, what about Fulfilled Order Value, does that work out better for your needs?

Badge +1

Hi Brett, 

Not really, I don’t see how you could filter based on the item price level with a fulfilled order value event, this event contains “all product information regarding the items someone purchased”, meaning that the value is the sum of all items purchased in the order. 

I don’t think I can build an audience based on my use case. It would require that the “add filter” option allows changing the equals condition for a condition such as “greater than”, “at least”, etc. Maybe something that should be implemented in the near future. 

Again thanks for your time!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @LoicH37,

Just trying to understand why the solution @Brett_Gatsby first suggested wouldn’t work for you. 

As you mentioned, an ordered product event is triggered for every item that is part of an order. This event should include detailed information about each product someone purchases. 

The ordered product value event is no different. This event should be passing the total value of the item excluding shipping or discounts.

This means if you wanted to create a segment capturing users who have purchased an item that is greater than a certain price, using the segment condition of: “What someone has done, ordered product value is greater than X” should accomplish this. 

David

Badge +1

Hi David, 

Thank you for your reply!

You are probably right, I think something is not working as expected in my implementation because when I create a segment that corresponds to your description and double-check if the customers’ journey indeed matches the description, it isn’t the case unfortunately. 

To give you an example, my segment is set up as follows 

But when checking the event history of a given user I observe several ordered product events (as expected) where the quantity is one (as expected) but if I go through all the products bought, there is none with a unit price above 150€. So yes the total value is above 150€ but the customer didn’t purchase an item with a price of at least 150€. 

In my use case, I want to be able to segment people who at least once, bought an item whose unit price with a price of at least a given value. 

Do I set up the segment incorrectly? Or is there a problem in my implementation? Or is this use case not feasible? 

Best regards, 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @LoicH37,

Thanks for those details! I actually did some further testing and it does appear that the Ordered Product Value metric is taking into account cumulative events. 

One solution that came to me would be using custom profile properties to identify and place users unto certain price groups. You can do this by having a flow triggered by an ordered product event with a series of trigger splits with conditions such as “$Value greater than X”. 

You’ll then be able to have an update profile property down each YES branch to tag users whose item they purchased exceeded this specific value. Depending on how your price ranges are, this can get rather expansive. But at least it does offer you a good idea on the price points your customer are spending at. 

Alternatively, I know other members have also turned to their own ecommerce platform to make these sort of analysis. 

David

Badge +1

Hi David, 

Thank you for your answer. I will investigate your solution as it might be what we are looking for. 

Again thank you all for your time!

Best,