Skip to main content
Solved

How to allow opt out of campaign but not fully unsubscribe

• 4 June 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there, I am having a big launch that will come with many emails. Is there a way in Klayvio for my subscribers to hit “snooze this launch” and be put on a list to opt out and not receive our launch emails - but still stay on our list? Thanks! 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @gokellylewis,

Thank you for your question in the Klaviyo community!

Absolutely - in this case the best option would be to create a new list for your new product launch and subscribing your customers to that list.

You can allow them to unsubscribe from just that list and not your other lists (including your main mailing list). You can find more information about this feature here, and details on how to customize the unsubscribe page here.

I hope that helps - and I hope your product launch goes well!

Thanks
David

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @gokellylewis 

One thing I’d like to add to @DavidV recommendation is to be clear to your subscribers where they can unsubscribe, that if they want to unsubscribe, they will only be unsubscribing from that particular list. This will avoid future customer frustration if they think they’ve unsubscribed from all marketing but continue to receive your other messages. 

Another way to possibly approach this is to create a segment that gets saved to the user profile when the user clicks on a link or button. In the email, you could position it like “Not interested in future product releases, click here.” Then, you’ll have a separate segment of people who have chosen to opt-out of those specific types of messages, but might not be confused by “unsubscribing.”

Here’s the help article on how to set up the segment if you’re interested: https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005255248

Either option works and up to your preference to set up!

Thanks!

@In the Inbox