Solved

How to edit the body text of the subscription confirmation email?

• 7 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello everyone,

I want to edit the body text of the subscription confirmation email as I need a german version of the text.

Confusingly, I cannot edit the body text. Its just not possible to click on the section that shows the text.

Any ideas what can I do to change it?

icon

Best answer by Dov 7 April 2021, 19:33

View original

5 replies

Badge +2

This is really frustrating, i need to translate these fields!

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @mrhandsome,

Thank you for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community. Also, apologies for your frustration @tropfenkontor

While you cannot directly edit this text, you can change the list’s boilerplate language which will translate that text into a language of your choosing.

Translating a list’s boilerplate language is a simple 2-step process:

1. Navigate to the list’s settings page
  2. Select which language will be used for the boilerplate language

You will notice the language has now been updated for your double opt-in confirmation email.

Thanks and have a great day.

Badge

Hi @Dov 

Thank you for your explanation. Unfortunately, the translation does not solve the problem. There are default text fields that cannot be edited. I understand that this is restricted based on your Klaviyo's sending policy. However, the translated text does not correspond with the way we communicate with our customers.

We have translated the text into German. The translated text is: “Bestätigen Sie Ihre Anmeldung”, which is the traditional old style way of speaking (to say “Sie”). However, we use a modern way of communication and say “Du” to our customers. So the translation should be “Bestätige deine Anmeldung”. I hope you understand the difference.  

Best, Sascha

Badge +3

I agree, Klaviyo hasn't yet found a way to have all pages/messages for one list be in 2 or more languages.

Although there is a (painful) way to add custom consent pages, they forgot about double opt-in messages and confirmation pages. Yikes! 😬

Essentially, this leads me to have to create 1 list for each language. This makes things like some analytics more difficult, clutters up your Klaviyo > List page, and makes changing things like styling very redundant because you have to repeat it for every list.

Klaviyo, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Send That Email

Thanks for sharing your experience with us! I am sorry for the redundancy and extra steps you need to walk through at this time.

While, you are correct, we are aware of these pain points and frustrations this can create, especially for our international customers who have a lot of different languages spoken in their customer base, and are hard at work to improve internationalization effects in our platform to ease this experience for our customers around the globe! 

-Taylor