Skip to main content
Solved

I have contacts that never subscribed to marketing - can I send them a resubscribe button in a campaign?

• 17 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Does anybody know how to embed a resubscribe button to a “sunset” style email? I have thousands of profiles that aren’t suppressed, but they are labeled as “never subscribed to email marketing” - which I don’t fully understand. But I’d like to send them a campaign and give them a button to subscribe to marketing messages because that would be best practice? 

Any help here would be great, thank you!

-Kurtis @ Lambertones

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @kurtislamberton  The sunset email has the manage preference link from where a customer can update their marketing preferences and decides to opt-in or opt-out.

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Hey @kurtislamberton! Jumping in here to clarify that sunset flows are part of list cleaning practices for you to manually suppress unengaged profiles. In the example above, this profile was Never Subscribed to marketing, meaning they never explicitly opted in to receive marketing communications from you. Looking at the event log and seeing they were added to your list via a lead form, this is probably because either 1) your list is set to double opt in and they never confirmed their consent or 2) your lead ad settings are set to Do not subscribe.

While I do highly recommend your list to be double opt-in, you can also change your lead form settings to subscribe your leads automatically. Here’s a guide on how to do that. Just make sure your disclaimer language explains that clearly!

Badge

Hi Kaila, I really thought that was going to fix the issue - but I’ll attach a screenshot below, because this was already setup that way. Is there any other reason that the contact wouldn’t be subscribed if the lead form is set to do that automatically?

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

@kurtislamberton Is your list set to double opt in? If so, the double opt in process would still apply and they’d need to confirm their subscription in order to be considered subscribed. 

Badge

Yeah that’s a good call on the double opt in. For some reason this list was set to double, even though when I created it it was single. I went the checked, ALL of my lists were set to double. Maybe a global app update happened recently and everthing defaulted to that? I have no idea, but it’s now fixed. Thanks Kaila