Skip to main content
Solved

Invalid Email Addresses are not suppressed

• 27 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone,

I want to ask do invalid email addresses automatically added to suppression list? Since my campaigns have “Skipped: Invalid Email Addresses” users but they are not added to suppression list so I wonder if this is the default behavior or it’s an error?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Hi @alvin.nguyen! Great question. A skipped email from a hard bounce like an invalid email address signals a permanent email delivery issue, so Klaviyo will automatically suppress these profiles to help ensure your lists stay clean. Give the suppression 24 hours to register. If it’s still not suppressed there might be something else going on Support may need to investigate. 

Badge +2

Hi @alvin.nguyen! Great question. A skipped email from a hard bounce like an invalid email address signals a permanent email delivery issue, so Klaviyo will automatically suppress these profiles to help ensure your lists stay clean. Give the suppression 24 hours to register. If it’s still not suppressed there might be something else going on Support may need to investigate. 

Hi Kaila,

Thanks for the info. The reason I’m asking because invalid emails in “skipped” from the campaigns sent weeks or months ago are still not suppressed. So I assume this would be some kind of errors and not the default behavior by Klaviyo. Can you help me to connect with Support to investigate this issue.

Thanks.

Userlevel 5
Badge +30

Yes! I’ve opened a ticket on your behalf. You should hear from them shortly. :)