Solved

Is there a way to do a bulk update of custom properties on all active profiles?

• 22 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I’m updating my segments according to desired email frequency. How can I do a bulk edit on all existing profiles to add the default frequency of ‘weekly’ on all active profiles so they are not missed?

icon

Best answer by Bobby 22 April 2024, 20:42

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Hey @AndreaYork_FlagMaker,

The below is one way to achieve this (if I’m understanding your use case correctly):

1. Create a segment that pulls in all profiles that you’d like to update
  2. Create a segment-triggered flow off of the above segment
  3. Add an Update Profile Property action to update the respective existing property (e.g. “emailFrequency”) with the value “weekly”. Or if it’s a new property you’re creating, you would simply Create a New Property
  4. Set the Profile Property action live and then add past profiles to the flow!

The above steps will ensure that all desired profiles now have the profile property set and updated on their profile.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions!

Cheers,
Bobby

Badge +3

Thanks; I tried this way and it updated all the profiles, except the custom profile was corrupted from this ["All Content"] to this ["[\"All Content\"]"] so now all the profiles have an incorrect custom property and I’m back to the problem where I started. :(

Badge +3

After some help to undo what I did, I redid what you suggested and it worked!! It’s way easier than downloading and uploading a  CSV file. Thank you.