Solved

Segment - didnot open email BUT not recent subscribers

• 14 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hello there,

Im trying to clean up my list. So I have created a list with those who did not opened an email the last 90 days for example.

I want to exclude all those who where subscribed the past 7 days, so I can export the list and add it into the suppressed profiles.

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by kaila.lawrence 15 February 2024, 20:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @SiuilaRuin 

Instead of a list, I would create a segment of subscribers who haven’t opened in your specified time frame. Then you can add the criteria below to your segment using AND:

This should exclude new subscribers. Now you can export the segment, and add them to your suppressed list.

Alternatively, since you already have a list of non-opens, you can create a sement of everyone who HAS subscribed in the past 7 days (change “zero times” in the example above to “at least once”), export it, then compare it to your non-open list, and remove those who are in the recently subscribed segment.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Jumping in here to add that list cleaning is super important. @JessFosnough is totally right that you should use segments instead of lists. Klaviyo has some really in-depth guides about how you should structure your engagement segments I encourage you to read!

We recommend different definitions based on how often you send, but here’s a good place to start:

From here, you can then export your unengaged segments to bulk suppress them. Check out these guides for more detailed info:

Hope the helps :)