Solved

Segment List Export

• 3 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge
  • Contributor II
  • 3 replies

Hello,

how can I export the order number from Shopify with the segment lists? I don't just want to have the emails. The order numbers are also important

So it should be exported as Excel as follows

Order number | e-mail

icon

Best answer by Kylie W 8 April 2024, 11:53

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey @Veli 

Welcome to the community. 

So when exporting your orders in Shopify you will need to go to the Orders section and click on the Export button in the top right corner. Then choose the All Orders option and Select the Plain CSV file format. Then click Export, the exported CSV file will have columns such as Order number, Email, and other relevant order details. You can open this CSV file in Excel or any other spreadsheet software.

Try it out and let us know if you still having trouble. The community I always here to help where we can! Remember to customize the export parameters according to your specific requirements.

Badge

Thanks @Kat Mofokeng , but that's not what I was looking for.

I have a segment and would like to have an Excel list from it. 
But when I export it I only get the emails from the list.

Can I somehow get a list where the order numbers and the emails are? Something like this

ORDER1314 | XXXXX@gmail.com

Userlevel 5
Badge +28

Hi @Veli 

Are you feeding the Shopify Order ID back in Klaviyo some-how?

Klaviyo has a lot of data, especially about actions, ie; view X Product, purchase Z product, but if you are not feeding the Shopify Order ID back into Klaviyo as some custom field, I am unsure this is possible.

The other option is to do an export of the segment from Klaviyo, export from Shopify and do a merge into one file.

Hope this provides some help

Kylie

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey @Veli 

Thank you for clarifying that. @Kylie W is right when she mentions that the Shopify Order ID needs to be fed into Klaviyo as a custom property. If the order number is a custom property in your Klaviyo account, it should be included in the export.

When you select Export List to CSV/Export Segment to CSV from the Manage List dropdown, you will be given an option to choose whether to export all properties associated with your contacts’ profiles, or just specific ones. So, you can then select the specific ones you need. If the order number is not showing as an option, then it's most likely not being fed into Klaviyo from Shopify and you will need to relook at the integration feeding the order number into Klaviyo. 

I hope this resolves your question. Let us know if this worked for you?

Badge

Thanks @Kylie W @Kat Mofokeng 

So I have an email flow that adds customers to a property X.

If I make an export from segment Y (where it is set that property X contains people), I do not get an order ID

How exactly do I set that the order ID is taken from Shopify?

I am really a beginner and would need precise instructions.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hey @Veli 

If you are trying to pull a customer's email and all past and present order numbers, then you will be able to do this on Shopify as I mentioned in my first comment above.

If you are looking to pull just the recent order number of the customer/profile, then this type of integration is not natively done by the Klaviyo-Shopify integration. It would require a developer to do it using Shopify’s APIs or a third-party app to achieve this like Zapier.  

I recommend reaching out to Klaviyo’s support for more specific guidance on this if you are on a paid plan. Sorry I couldn't be of much help here, but I hope someone can add to this and hopefully give you more info. 

Badge

@Kat Mofokeng 

I can't contact Klaviyo support because I no longer have a paid plan.

I just want a quick and uncomplicated solution for this

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

@Veli, If what you’re looking for is email and order number data, why not export directly from Shopify? Can you talk us through your use case why you need an order number associated with your Klaviyo segment data?

That will help us guide you better on the best solution!