Skip to main content
Solved

Unsupress profiles in bulk

• 22 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Is there a way to restore list/profiles to a previous state? I tried to suppress some profiles (while creating a sunset flow and believed were inactive )and it ended up taking a half part out of our main emailing list that we use. I want to start over so to speak so I can work through the logic of setting that sunset flow correctly and make sure I’m not excluding profiles that were opening my emails. Is it possible for Klaviyo to restore a previous version of a list for me?

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Welcome to the community @Chentecolindres

If I understand your question, you have manually suppressed a number of opt-in profiles in error from a list that you now want to ‘re-subscribe’.

You can see these profiles in your suppression list here: https://www.klaviyo.com/people/suppressed with the reason ‘User suppressed’. Filter that suppression list: ‘Excluded for User Suppressed’ and export to csv. In the csv, you can see the dates of the manual suppressions and select further to identify the ones suppressed in error. Then delete all columns apart from email address.

Alternatively, you could create a segment with conditions similar to those shown below and export that to a CSV.

Go to your list where you want to import these contacts. I suggest setting this list to single opt-in if it’s set to double opt-in currently, if only while during the import. Not absolutely necessary but better to be safe!

In your list, under Manage list (top right), select ‘Import contacts’ then upload and choose that csv and follow the import steps. When you get to the step ‘Did these contacts subscribe to email marketing messages?’. select ‘Yes, update subscription status for all imported contacts to 'subscribed'

I recommend running through the above first with test profiles/list to ensure you’re OK with the process.

I hope that helps

Regards

Andy

Manually suppressed segment