Solved

Growth reports by List/Segment

• 15 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Clients in general like to know how many emails are on their list and how many have been added over given time.

I am aware of Growth reports for each list, but also that they are not available for segments, and since there is no general report, it would be impossible for me to screenshot or walk them through each list’s growth report weekly.

I am looking to give clients a birds-eye snapshot of weekly growth by key Lists or Segments, something that should be available in Analytics dashboard, but I just cannot find it. I need to show how many subscribers added / removed from the total of key segments / lists by week or month. I would be happy to use custom reports with my own graphing software, but there’s no “All Time” timeframe, so there’s no way to get an accurate total, and it’s my understanding that “Subscribed to List” does not include manual imports or quick adds.

icon

Best answer by nikitavaidya 15 December 2020, 19:08

Hey @brendonbrown ,

Thank you for writing in!

As you mentioned, for Lists, you can view the List Growth Report, but for segments this is not currently available.

While you can use the Analytics Dashboard to get an overview of all of your Subscriber, the best way to get this information for your Segment would be to use the Lists and Segments Dashboard.

You can star any list or a segment in your account. Once you do this, it will appear on your Lists and Segments Dashboard, and will give you a breakdown / snapshot of the weekly growth for that specific list / segment.

Hope this helps!

Happy Sending :) 

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey @brendonbrown ,

As you mentioned, for Lists, you can view the List Growth Report, but for segments this is not currently available.

While you can use the Analytics Dashboard to get an overview of all of your Subscriber, the best way to get this information for your Segment would be to use the Lists and Segments Dashboard.

You can star any list or a segment in your account. Once you do this, it will appear on your Lists and Segments Dashboard, and will give you a breakdown / snapshot of the weekly growth for that specific list / segment.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @brendonbrown ,

Hope this helps!

Thanks, those are all options I am aware of. I’d love the ability to measure account health in terms of global subscriber growth. It seems to me as though this would be of value to a significant amount of clients and partners. I’d actually be happy if Klaviyo could provide this via a customizable report metric - I generally make my own client visualizations through a lovely and highly-automated software Dashthis

Could not agree more with brendonbrown on this. Considering Klaviyo’s design is heavily (and rightly) skewed towards using segments over lists, not being able to report on segment growth seems a little crazy to me. I care about the number of people I can actually send emails to based on dynamic segment definitions, not a static list that almost certainly misrepresents marketing potential.