Solved

Creating a WoCommerce Bulk Purchase Account

• 6 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

We have a client that sells lighting products to consumers and Pros (installers and contractors).

They asked us to create a Klaviyo sign-up for where a contractor would apply to be a recognized ‘Pro’.  If approved they would get discounts for every purchase.

Is there a way in klaviyo to create a WooCommerce account, and then change it so that it is a member of a specific group?

The flow would be:

1. User applies to be a ‘pro’
  2. Standard account is created in WooCommerce
  3. Email is sent to my client for approval
  4. Client approves this user (not sure how we can make this systematic)
  5. User is now ‘upgraded’ from a standard WooCommerce user to a Pro user where certain coupons are autoapplied to their future orders.
  6. User is now in a specialized ‘Pro’ Welcome Series
icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 15 July 2023, 00:02

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @GetTorchlight

Thanks for sharing your question with us, happy to help! 

Creating personalized journeys for specific users in your Klaviyo account is something we do best!  

Do you mind sharing a bit more how you will verify that the user will ‘apply to be a pro’ in your Klaviyo signup form or how you will go about receiving this information from them? I love the idea of giving discounts to certain groups and we should be able to accomplish something like this in Klaviyo, however, it will be helpful to know a little bit more so we can figure out how we can best accomplish this for you! 

Additionally, since you mention being a WooCommerce store, I’d recommend checking out some tips and tricks by one of our Community Champions on integrating Klaviyo <>WooCommerce!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor 

Badge

Our client manually verifies the user. Unfortunately, there isn’t any way to automate this process.

Note: We already integrated Klaviyo with WooCommerce.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @GetTorchlight , 

While there isn’t an easy way to automate every step you want, there are some automations that can be created for various steps in the process depending on what applicant information your boss needs and how they approve applications.

For instance, you can create an ‘are you a contractor’ form and users will be added to “Applied to be a pro” list. You can  create a flow that is triggered when users get added to this list. The flow email can state how to apply and where to send their information accordingly. 

Then you can re-upload the approved contractors to the same list with the new profile property “pro_approved” . This will update the approved contractors profile information accordingly. You can then create a segment of these users with the conditions: is in ____ List from above AND has the profile property: “pro_approved” and  create a segment-triggered flow accordingly with a flow email that sends these approved contractors a discount email! It should be noted that you will have to ‘add past users’ to the flow as users who are already in your segments won’t be added retroactively automatically. Finally, the users will only be able to go through this specific flow once.

Let me know if you want to follow through with any parts of this process and would need any further details! I can understand this might not be ideal as it isn’t all automated, but wanted to see any other workarounds we could provide for you! 

-Taylor