Solved

Form submitted by profile query.....

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I really am driving myself round the bend with this - please stay with me!

I have a shopify platform linked to my klaviyo. I have two newsletter links, one klaviyo direct that pops up, and the other a shopify static linked back to Klaviyo at the bottom of my website page. I am having sign ups daily to the klaviyo pop up, my stores are integrated but these people are still showing as ‘unsubscribed.’ On their activity feed it says ‘form submitted by profile’ does this mean they have actively completed the marketing form? I can only assume these are the people that ‘signed up’ by going to the metrics tab and looking at the ‘form submitted’ metrics but then it says unsubscribed. Am I looking in the wrong place? Either way there is a misalignment as my master list is not populating by the amount of sign ups Klaviyo is saying I am receiving a day…. Any advice? :( 

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 17 May 2024, 16:54

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

Hi @whitedaisyuk 

Don’t dispair! There’s usually a reason to be found. 

Firstly, ‘Form submitted by profile’ is an event that indicates a contact clicked a button on your form that had a submit action (pushed to your list). There’s also a ‘Form completed by profile’ event if they reach all steps of your form i.e it’s a multi-step form.

These two events are recent Klaviyo additions so you won’t see them for all your subscriber profiles. 

Do you have double opt-in enabled on your list? If so, I would expect most of those form subscribers to show as either ‘subscribed’  i.e they have confirmed their subscription, and some ‘never subscribed’ they have NOT confirmed their subscription.

The only conditions I can think of that would result in those profiles showing as unsubscribed are:

1. They subscribe and then unsubscribe after.
  2. They’ve unsubscribed in the past, then they submit the form but without confirming their email. Their subscription status would remain unchanged

I suggest you create a segment of ‘Form submitted by profile’ and review some event timelines to see if there’s anything untoward.

Please let me know how you get on. 

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi Andy, thank you for the swift response. 

Even those with form completed do not have ‘subscribed’ next to their email address. It seems NONE of my sign ups are being identified as subscribed, I’m at a loss. I even disabled double opt in. I’ve tested with myself and have the same problem - it clearly shows I’ve submitted the form, but my email has not changed to subscribed?? What am I missing? I’ve recorded a video of it if it helps. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’ve found someone who has signed up and has an active email subscribe button - there are additional steps, what is different here? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

Hi @whitedaisyuk 

I know you said you’d disabled double opt-in but I’m wondering if you have multiple lists and one of those lists is a double opt-in.

The 2nd example looks like it may have come from a Shopify subscription. As it’s pushed to your ‘Final final list’ is there a ‘Final list’ somewhere that’s tied to the pop-up and is double opt-in? It happens! 

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I’ll delete the pop up and try again! Should that solve it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

Hi @whitedaisyuk 

No need to delete it, Just check that it’s submitting to the correct list. And that you have that list single opt-in even if that’s just for testing.

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It was submitted to the right list. This is interesting - I went to set a new one up and at the top it’s still aligned to my password locked page (from when I hadn’t launched.) I have reverted this back multiple times to the none password URL but it keeps reverting back. How can I change it permanently? Have I got a some code on my webpage somewhere maybe?

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

Hi @whitedaisyuk 

I just did a test to your desktop version of your pop-up and it’s definitely double optin as I got the email confirmation request!

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

I’ll DM you the email I used so you can look for it in Klaviyo

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

Hi @whitedaisyuk 

I'll click the confirmation email now, then you should see my email as a list submission and my profile as ‘subscribed’. Then check the list to which I subscribed for the double opt-in under "settings" >> consent.

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

It’s working!!!!!! I think I hadn’t clicked ‘saved’ when changing the double opt out :( the only thing that isn’t working is the direct fixed newsletter at the bottom of my homepage (shopify owned)- that is still a double opt out, I think. But we’ll go with the pop up for now!!!!! TYSM!

Userlevel 7
Badge +39

Glad it’s working for you now @whitedaisyuk 

Regards

Andy