Solved

Hide Email & SMS Sign-up Popup for existing subscribers

• 27 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi, I’d like to hide the pop-up for existing email and/or sms subscribers. I read the help article about targeting users by URL but still have a clarifying question.

You can toggle between Containing or Exactly Matching for each setting. 

• Containing
    This option includes any URL with part of the value you input. For example, if you input "Containing www.klaviyo.com/," this will include www.klaviyo.com/blog, www.klaviyo.com/features, and so on.
  • An asterisk (*) can be used as a wildcard in your URLs. For example, if you'd like a sign-up form to appear on both "help.klaviyo.com/The-Signup-Form-Builder" and "help.klaviyo.com/The-Template-Builder", set the form to appear on URLs containing "help.klaviyo.com/The-*-Builder". 

Does that mean that I can simply enter *email* and *sms* or do I need to enter a mostly complete URL?  Here are my current suppressions:

When I test, it seems to be working, but want to confirm.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 28 March 2024, 13:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @bill_wishgarden 

Your set-up looks good to me and tests OK.

You don’t really need the wildcards, as Klaviyo will match your text in your exclusion URLs without them. A wildcard is only required for matching separated text e.g ?utm*email would match for ?utm_medium=email and variant matches.

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Thank you @bluesnapper! I appreciate it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

No problem @bill_wishgarden 

All the best

Andy