Solved

How can I translate sign up form validation messages?

• 25 February 2021
  • 35 replies

Show first post

35 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
As you can see label field is sanitizing all characters as plain text. I think limited, basic tags should be allowed to be rendered as HTML.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

I definitely understand your frustration there and am similarly hopeful that this issue will be prioritized. Your product feedback is very helpful for our team.

Can you provide a screenshot of the rendered text? One thing I would try is surrounding the text with <p> or some other text element, but I might have additional suggestions once I can see what the text looks like when rendered.

Best,

Caroline

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thanks for the info. This is very unfortunate, as the sign up forms are the basis of your product. I hope this gets fixed pretty soon as there is nothing worse as partially translated strings. This reflects badly both on the website where the form is embedded but also on the product itself.

Thanks for bringing it up to the dev team.

On the other note. I’m creating a consent form. I want to have a checkbox with a label which includes a link to the privacy policy. From what I see the label field is not rendering HTML. How this can be achieved?

I declare that I have read <a href="#somelink">Regulations of the online shop</a> and I accept its terms and conditions

I really hope this is achievable in a nice way. I don’t want to add it as a regular text underneath the checkbox.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Peter,

I’ve checked with our signup forms team and unfortunately list settings do not impact signup forms; the settings only impact the unsubscribe and manage preferences pages associated with that list. I am happy to pass this product feedback along to their team.

Best,

Caroline

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Additionally, could you post a screenshot of the signup form text which is still appearing in English? If you’re able to PM me the list ID as well I can take a look.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Peter,

What type of signup form are you using (i.e. embed, popup, fly-out)?

Thanks,

Caroline

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes, I would not be posting without double checking it.

What works:

• general unsubscribes page for a list - respects language settings for  buttons etc. and validation messages.

What is not working

• sign up form validation messages are always displayed in English, regardless of the language settings of the list. I tested it with a combination of existing and new forms and lists.

I’d love to get it working as validation messages are important factor when it comes to the rate of successful sign-ups.

Thanks.

Peter

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

Changing the list’s language settings should change the language of the opt-in messages for the form. Have you double-checked that you are changing the language settings of the list connected to the form?

Best,

Caroline

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi Caroline,

As per my original question, I already did what you suggested - set the language of the list to translate the items which are translated only by your system. Despite doing so, the validation messages are still displayed in English.

Maybe I’m missing something, but it seems to me, that validation msg are controlled only by the list’s language settings only. 

I set a few different languages as the list’s language to test if it has any influence on the validation’s messages displayed in the submission form, but it makes no difference - those are always displayed in English.

Should I recreate a submission form so it picks up the correct language settings?

Please kindly advise.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi there,

Please check out our Help Center article, How to Customize Content Based on Language (the section I’ve linked describes how to change the language of the validation messages).

Hope this helps.

Best,

Caroline