Solved

How do i connect my footer sign up to my Klaviyo list ?

Badge +2

Hi,

How do i connect my footer sign up to my Kaviyo list ? its currenly concected to mailchip.

I am on Shopify … do i need to hire a developer ?

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 29 April 2022, 15:36

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Buckets and Spades you can recreate the embedded sign up form in Klaviyo and connect it to whatever list you want. The builder will give you a little snippet of code that you enter into the footer of your Shopify theme.liquid template, and voila, you have a embedded form connected to your Klaviyo newsletter list! 

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006897412-Guide-to-Where-to-Paste-a-Form-s-Embed-Code 

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360026474752-Guide-to-Creating-a-Signup-Form

Badge +1

Hello everyone, I can't get any further with this description. I have a Shopify store and would like to integrate a newsletter registration directly in the footer. In the footer I can't insert any custom code via Theme -> Customize, do you have to integrate a code directly in the theme code (footer.liquid) instead? Thanks for the information!

Willi

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @WK_1982 

Maybe this will help, but this instruction is for out of the box Shopify store without any major modification.

I go to Online Store > Themes > “3 dots” > Edit code

After that I search for footer.liquid and I add Klaviyo <div> code there in newsletter section. 

Badge +1

Hi @Jakub 

Thank you very much for your advice but unfortunately it doesn't work in my case.
I use the motion theme and my original code looks like this:

I tried to change it to the code from you above (line 104 to 112) but it didn´t work.

{%- when 'newsletter' -%}
        <div class="grid__item {{ column_width }}">
          <h3 class="h4">{{ 'layout.footer.newsletter_title' | t }}</h3>
    <!-- {% unless block.settings.subtext == blank %} -->
    <!--   {{ block.settings.subtext }} -->
    <!--   {% endunless %} -->
    <!--     {% include 'newsletter-form' %} -->
          <div class="klaviyo-form-XXXXXX"></div>     
          </div>

Thank you

Willi

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @WK_1982 

I'm not coding expert but maybe you can just add there Klaviyo <div>?

{%- when 'newsletter' -%}
<div {{ block.shopify_attributes }} class="grid__item grid-newsletter footer__item--{{ block.id }}">
{% render 'footer-newsletter', block: block -%}
</div>

Badge +1

Hi @Jakub,

agein, thank you very much for your advice

I tested a few variants. Unfortunately, they were all unsuccessful. I also looked at the competitor's code and tried to copy it. That didn't work either. Unfortunately, I'm not a programming expert either. Maybe Klaviyo Support can help me there?

I found some useful content here and I keep trying ;)

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360006897412-Guide-to-Where-to-Paste-a-Form-s-Embed-Code

regards,

Willi 

Badge +1

Hi,

it was easier than i thought. You just have to paste the code in the footer where you want it.

sorry

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @WK_1982 

Great that you figure out this by yourself. By footer you mean that you edit footer section in customize visual panel?

Badge +1

Hi @Jakub

sorry for my imprecise expression.
I adjusted the theme code by entering footer.liquid.
Where the logos of the social media are loaded, I have added the following text.

Just the penultimate line.

{%- when 'logo_social' -%}
<div {{ block.shopify_attributes }} class="grid__item footer__item--{{ block.id }}">
{%- render 'footer-logo-social', block: block -%}
<div class="klaviyo-form-XXXXX"></div>
</div>

It works exactly as I imagined.
Regards,

Willi

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @WK_1982 

Great thanks, hope this help others 👍