Skip to main content
Solved

Newsletter sign up form submits different to pulled list

• 20 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am a new business, I have a sign up form from Klaviyo integrated with Shopify. I have 43 signups to the form but only 25 in my newsletter list - is this because people have tried to sign up more than once? I can’t seem to cross-check because I can’t find the exact 43 emails that have signed up - is there a way to pull this? Thank you!

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @whitedaisyuk!

Here's why you might see a difference between Klaviyo form submissions and your newsletter list:

• Duplicate Signups: Klaviyo prevents duplicate email addresses from being added to the same list. So, someone submitting multiple times would only count once.

Solution:

1. Track Submissions: Since Klaviyo blocks duplicates, you likely have 43 unique signups. Klaviyo doesn't offer a way to directly pull a list of all form submissions.

2. Klaviyo Segments: Consider creating a segment in Klaviyo based on the form signup date (within the past week) to identify those who signed up recently.

3. Reasons for Non-Inclusion:

• Unsubscribes: Check if any signups unsubscribed before being added to the list.
    • Double Opt-in: Confirm you don't have double opt-in enabled, which requires users to confirm their email address before being added.(it's most probably this)
Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @whitedaisyuk

This is probably because your Klaviyo form is connected to a Klaviyo list that is set to double opt-in ! That means that a user has to confirm their subscription a second time before they are added to the List. If they haven’t confirmed their subscription via email a second time, they will be in the ‘Profiles’ section of your account, not the Newsletter list! 

Finally, here are some helpful resources to help you learn more about everything possible in Klaviyo! Ou Community allows you to  learn from your peers who are experts in the industry,  while our Academy has great courses and live trainings as well!  

Hope this helps!

-Taylor