Solved

Pop-Up & SMS Issues

• 28 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I have an issue and if anyone can assist me, I’d be very grateful. I’ll try to break them down as simply and as clearly as possible.

I have a Multi-Step sign up form (1st step Email & 2nd step mobile numbers for SMS). This multi-step form should add email subscribers to my ‘Newsletter Subscribers’ list, and SMS subscribers to the ‘SMS Subscribers’ list. Once on these lists, my welcome series for each (email & SMS) should start.

Currently neither flows start and only the SMS Subscribers show as being ‘subscribed’. All other profiles appear as ‘Never Subscribed’ (see screenshot below).

Even though this clearly shows as SMS - Subscribed, my SMS flow doesn’t start.

Any suggestions how to fix either of these issues will be really appreciated.

Regards

James

icon

Best answer by David To 28 July 2023, 21:05

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @JMD71,

I would suggest checking to see if you have double opt-in enabled in your newsletter list. Since you’re adding users to two separate lists, you’ll need to confirm opt-in for each list if it was enabled for both. 

I suspect you may have confirmed your opt-in for the SMS, but did not confirm the email opt-in. Hence why the profile is displayed as having opted into SMS but not email. 

Similarly, it wouldn’t be surprising to see your flows not triggering if it was opt-in related. Users would only trigger the flows when they are truly added to a list. This would require them to confirm their double opt-in email as detailed in our Understanding the double opt-in process Help Center article. 

Did you happen to already consent to SMS prior to setting your SMS welcome series flow? I suspect that test profile you are using may not have triggered the flow due to a timing issue. Flows are not retroactive. This means that if someone was already on a list before the flow was live, setting the flow would not automatically put the recipient into the flow. Instead, you’ll want to use the add past profiles feature. I would recommend taking a look through our Understanding how adding past profiles works in Klaviyo and How to add past profiles to a flow Help Center articles on this. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Hello @David To,

I appreciate you taking the time to reply to me. I will investigate the email double opt-in to see if this is the issue. But in relation to the SMS one not triggering, the subscriber ‘Subscribed’ after the flow was created, but the flow didn’t start.

Any suggestions how to trouble-shoot this would be appreciated.

Best

James

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi there @JMD71

Sorry to hear you’re still having difficulties with your SMS flow, happy to keep troubleshooting this with you!

Along with the expertise that my colleague @David To shared, I would double check the trigger action of your SMS flow and go into your profile’s history or metric history of when the metric was fired!

-Taylor