Skip to main content

SOS My newsletter on the bottom of my website is at a 0% submit rate

• 4 June 2024
  • 1 reply

I need help-I have a simple sign up form at the bottom of the main page of my website and I have had zero submits. Not sure why or if there is something I can do to do increase that percentage.

thanks!

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @Jennie,

I get how frustrating it can be when your sign-up form isn't performing as expected. Below I share some starting points you can take advantage of to increase engagement on your sign up form. Let's see if we can turn things around:

1. Incentivize Sign-Ups: People need a good reason to sign up. I usually think about offering a discount, free shipping, a giveaway, or some exclusive content. The key is to align the incentive with what your audience values most. It doesn't always have to be a monetary reward; even access to special content can be compelling​​.

2. Form Placement and Visibility: Make sure your form is easy to find. Placing it at the bottom of the page might not be the best spot. I would consider using a pop-up, slide-in, or even a prominent header section. Forms that appear at strategic times, like when a user is about to leave the site (exit-intent), can also capture more sign-ups​​.

3. Simplify the Form: Only ask for the essential information. Take this to heart: “The fewer fields, the better”. If you're just looking to build an email list, start with just an email address. You can always ask for more information later on​​.

4. A/B Testing: Test different versions of your form to see what works best. This could be different placements, incentives, or even just changes in the wording and design. Klaviyo allows for easy A/B testing to find the optimal setup for your audience​.

5. Mobile Optimization: Ensure your form looks great and is easy to use on mobile devices. I can’t tell you how many forms I’ve seen that are not mobile friendly. Many visitors will be on their phones, and a form that's hard to navigate on a small screen can be a big turn-off​.

Hope these tips help with your sign up form. :)

I’ll also look at these articles for some insight into what I mentioned above:

​​​​​​​13 best practices to create sign up forms that convert
    Signup Form Best Practices​​​​​​​​​​​​​​