Solved

Using the same form to set different custom property

Badge +2

I’m using a Klaviyo form for when our products are out of stock. They are added to a new “Out of Stock List.” To be informed when the products are back in stock. 

I’d like to improve upon this if there is more than one product out of stock, I’d like to set a custom property in the person’s profile to say which product it is to make segmentation easier. 

I’m having trouble figuring out the best way to go about this. 

Thanks for any guidance you can give me. 

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 7 May 2024, 05:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @JustinL

Thanks for your question, happy to help! I have some questions for ya so we can figure this out together.

First, do you mind sharing the reasoning behind this workaround instead of using Klaviyo’s code snippets for our back in stock flows?  

Second, to confirm, you are using the same form on different product pages to collect back in stock interest from users or you’re using different forms on each respective product that might be out of stock that leads to the same list? 

Finally, do you want the option for multiple products to be chosen and recorded as custom properties in one form for an individual user? 

This will help me identify next steps we should take,

Taylor 

Badge +2

Hi Taylor, thanks for your response! I appreciate it. 

We do not track stock via our Woocommerce tools, it’s a more manual process. We also customize our emails about products being back in stock for each product so an automated Flow wouldn’t really be much help. 

I think I’ve solved the problem by deciding to include a multi-checkbox in the form that allows the customer to select which products they want to be notified about. 

Thanks, Happy to hear out any other / better ideas! Thank you again.