Solved

SMS -Number tracking

Badge +1

Hi Community,

I have a question regarding SMS-As we know we can only track click on link but I have number in my message that which they can call but that is not traceable so is it possible to convert number into link ? 

icon

Best answer by retention 7 May 2024, 17:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Sumit_2809, welcome back to the community! 

So, as far as I know, you can’t put HTML in an SMS message.  Some devices, such as IOS/iPhones do make certain text appear like a link with an underline.  However, that’s just the way the device renders what it thinks is a number (or address, URL, etc) and it can vary from different phones and sometimes the users’ settings.

If you want to track clicks in your SMS campaigns, one workaround is to link to a dedicated page on your site such as “Contact Us” with a phone number that’s clickable to call. You can then track all the clicks to the page in your SMS campaigns while also making it easy for the user to one-tap call the number without having to type it in manually.

The HTML for that is:

<a href="tel:123-456-7890">123-456-7890</a>

Just note, every click to the dedicated page with the phone number may not necessarily result in a call.  You may want to use other website analytics (or GA4) to track those page visits that results in a click to call.  But it might give you some data to work with!
Hope this helps

Badge +1

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for answer it really helped me a lot!

Well I was reading one of your website article “How To Set Show/Hide Blocks Based On A Custom Profile Property”

Does it apply to HTML too and if the property is API based event then will that work?