Skip to main content
Solved

Abandoned cart reminder flow

• 23 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi,

I’m having some issues, some help on this would be amazing!

I’m using the abandoned cart reminder template, which is now live on my website (Wordpress + Elementor). I’ve tested the flow, but filling in my details on the checkout page of my website. It works, I get the automated email ‘Your cart is about to expire’. 

However, I then click through on the email, which prompts to take me through to my saved cart. It doesn’t work, I get taken through to ‘the page can’t be found’. I’ve also tried on mobile and incognito, but no luck. 

I haven’t changed any code, so I’m not sure what i’ve done wrong here.

Does anyone have any idea why this might be happening? 

Thanks

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @tombarrow 

What ecomm platform are you on - WooC? Can you share the url for your ‘Return to Cart’?

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

How is your current URL formed for the button? And is it WooCommerce that is handling the purchases? It can be a tad trickier on building your cart link.

Give this URL string a try to the end of your company’s website -

?wck_rebuild_cart={{ event.extra.CartRebuildKey }}

Or a full string could be this -

{{ organization.url }}cart?wck_rebuild_cart={{ event.extra.CartRebuildKey }}

But sometimes the Org URL field can be funky, so typing in your actual URL .com/cart and then the first code option should work!

Userlevel 7
Badge +59

@tombarrow - adding on top of @Spark Bridge Digital LLC, just to make sure, check if you have updated to the latest Klaviyo WooCommerce extension.

https://woocommerce.com/products/klaviyo-for-woocommerce/

In a past client project a while back, we had an outdated Wordpress version that didn’t have the cart rebuilding code so an update fixed it for us. 

Badge +1

Thanks everyone, @Spark Bridge Digital LLC your first suggestion worked here a beauty!

Thanks for your help on this.