school donain email can’t receive emails from me

• 15 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I used my two gmail emails to test my welcome email flows and both of them got the email with no problem, but when I use my school domain email @xxx.edu to sign up the newsletters, I didn’t receive anything. I checked the spam, no emails there either.  Does someone know what’s wrong with it? Is it only for school domain? Or any other domain like yahoo or outlook also can’t receive it? Thank you!!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @Jessicalee0402,

Thanks for the question.
If you only send a test to this emails then it would be good to create a fake campaign with only that emails you want to check.
Then to check what happened to emails that was send to this particular domain search in Klaviyo for any email from that domain and check was it delivered properly and if not what caused the issue. 

Maybe it was blocked by spam assassin as in example below. If yes than you need to connect directly with domain owner to whitelisted you or you need to upgrade you deliverability level - to dedicated IP for example.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Jessicalee0402, thanks for posting in the Klaviyo community! In addition to what @Jakub posted above, how long did you wait to receive the emails? Contrary to popular belief, emails do not follow a linear path to get to their destination. They take the easiest path, and it isn’t always the fastest. If they still haven’t arrived after more than a few hours, I would take the above suggestions and look up the profiles of the email addresses that you sent to, so you can see what happened. 

Katherine

Badge

Hello @Jakub and @KatherineB , Thank you for your reply. I used @xxx.edu domain to send a test email and it didn’t go through either. Here’re two screenshots of the profile.  It shows the delivery rate is 100% and all 6 recipients have received the email, however, there’re two @edu domain emails never got the emails. And I checked the profile, but it doesn’t show it was blocked by spam assassin.