Solved

Which email client in advanced report includes Microsoft Edge?

• 23 June 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

One of our service is for the office worker. 

So most of campaigns sent to them have opened in desktop browser and the campaign advance reports showed that the email client such as IE, Safari, Outlook, Chrome were dominant.  

But I couldn’t find the Microsoft Edge at there. I think some desktop users using window 11 use Microsoft Edge. Which email client in advanced report includes Microsoft Edge? Does IE include it?

icon

Best answer by David To 23 June 2021, 15:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @minha,

Great question!

When looking at the Advance Reports tab, Microsoft Edge browser would fall under the “IE” grouping for Email Client performance. 

David

Badge +2

Hi @david.to ! 

Thanks for your answer. 

Then is there no way to figure out Microsoft Edge of IE and Internet Explorer 11? 

Our service don’t support IE 11 browser like most of other web services so for us Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer are quiet different kinds browser and we need to look the performance data of each browser.

Please let me know if there is other way to check our user’s browsers through campaigns with Klaviyo. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @minha,

At this time Klaviyo does not have the capability to separate out the email client performance by browser under the “IE” grouping into either Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer 11 browsers. 

You can potentially get a breakdown of these browser performance by using third party tools such as Google Analytics. All Klaviyo emails support UTMs which can be reviewed and analyzed within Google Analytics for a more comprehensive report based on your desired report settings. You can learn more about using UTMs within Klaviyo from both the How to Add UTM Tracking to Campaigns and Flows and Understanding UTM Tracking in Klaviyo articles Klaviyo offers.

I appreciate this feedback and use-case for reporting and will be sharing it with with our Product Team.

I hope this helps!

David