Skip to main content
Solved

Merge Tags for View Your Order - Shopify

• 29 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi All - I want to include a button in the Order Confirmation email that allows customers to view their order, which will direct them to the order summary page via Shopify. 

Could you please share what the correct merge tag is to include?

Thank you in advance. 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

To add a button in your Klaviyo order confirmation email that directs customers to view their order on Shopify, you'll need to use the correct merge tag for the order status URL.

Here's the process:

1. Find the Correct Merge Tag: The merge tag you need is {{ event.extra.order_status_url }}. This tag dynamically pulls the order status URL for each order, directing customers to their specific order summary page on Shopify.

2. Insert the Merge Tag: In Klaviyo, when you're editing your email template, you can add this merge tag to the URL of your button. For example, when you set up the button, use the merge tag in the Link URL field.

3. Testing: After inserting the merge tag, make sure to test the email to ensure that the button correctly redirects to the order summary page.

This process works well within a Klaviyo flow triggered by the "Placed Order" or "Fulfilled Order" event. You can preview the email in the flow editor to confirm that the event data is being pulled correctly.

Resources used:

Hope this helps :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you!

Badge +2

To include a button in your Order Confirmation email that directs customers to their order summary page via Shopify, you'll need to use the merge tag {{ order.url }}.

This merge tag automatically generates the correct URL for each customer's specific order summary page.

Here's an example of how you can set up the button in your email template:

css

Copy code

<a href="{{ order.url }}" style="background-color: #007bff; color: #ffffff; padding: 10px 20px; text-decoration: none; border-radius: 5px;">View Your Order</a>

Before sending out your email, it's a good idea to test the button to ensure it works correctly. Let me know if you have any more questions!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you - to clarify, would I input {{ event.extra.order_status_url }} or { order.url }} as the URL for the button?