Skip to main content
Solved

Pop-up form keeps showing up after submission despite settings

• 28 May 2024
  • 9 replies

Hi there. I have created a pop-up form and toggled the settings so that it should only show to new Klaviyo users, and the form should close once someone submits their info. But the form keeps popping up on every page, even after submission. I’ve cleared my cache and cookies. I’ve also tried to hack this so that the form only shows up on specific URLs, but it doesn’t make a difference. What am I doing wrong? I’ve taken a screenshot of the settings:

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hey @bkkbrookie!

I can see how this issue would be frustrating. From what you’ve described, it sounds like the problem could be with the form dismissal settings or how the cookies are managed.

First, double-check your form dismissal settings. Make sure you have selected the option "Don’t show again if form was submitted" under the frequency settings. This ensures the form should not appear to users who have already submitted their information. Sometimes, a small oversight here can cause the form to keep reappearing even after submission.

Next, verify that your targeting settings are correctly configured. Since you want the form to show only to new Klaviyo users, ensure you’re excluding existing profiles accurately. The screenshots you shared seem to show this setup correctly, but it’s worth double-checking.

Another potential issue could be related to cookie settings. If the form relies on cookies to remember if someone has already submitted it, and those cookies aren’t set correctly, the form might reappear. Clearing your cache and cookies might help, but also ensure that your site is allowing Klaviyo to set the necessary cookies.

If everything seems correct and the issue persists, you might need to check if there’s any conflict with other scripts on your website that could interfere with Klaviyo's functionality.

Here are a few resources that might help you troubleshoot further:

Hopefully, this helps you pinpoint and resolve the issue :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Welcome to the community @bkkbrookie 

To add to @eCom2Win_Agency response.

Is your form published and not at “editing” status (below). It needs to be published (and so will show as ‘live’) for any changes to show on the website. It happens! 

I wonder if it’s an earlier version of your pop-up that’s displaying before you made your current targeting & behaviour changes.

Regards

Andy

Badge +1

Thanks for the responses! I’ve checked the dismissal and targeting settings and made sure the form was published and live after making any new updates. There is still no change, unfortunately. At this point, I assume it might have something to do with how Klaviyo cookies have been set up on our site or conflicts with other scripts?

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

This is a common issue, but there are a few things you can check to resolve it.

First, make sure you've configured the behavior settings correctly. Under the Targeting & Behavior tab, you can set the form to not show to existing Klaviyo profiles. This ensures that the form won't reappear for users who have already submitted it​ (Klaviyo Help Center)​​ (Klaviyo Forum)​.

Additionally, check the display timing and frequency settings. Sometimes, if the display timing is too short or the frequency settings are not set properly, the form might reappear unexpectedly. It's a good idea to set a longer delay for the form to show again after a user closes it​ (Klaviyo Forum)​.

Another common issue can be related to cookies and caching. Klaviyo uses cookies to track whether a form has been submitted, so if users have cookies disabled or if there's an issue with cookie settings, the form might keep showing up. Make sure your site’s cookie settings are correctly configured and advise users to clear their cookies if they encounter this issue repeatedly​ (Klaviyo Forum)​.

Are you using multiple forms on your site? If so, ensure that their display conditions do not overlap. For example, you can set one form to display on page load and another on exit intent or after scrolling a certain percentage of the page. This prevents multiple forms from appearing simultaneously and causing confusion​ (Klaviyo Help Center)​​ (Klaviyo Forum)​.

Hope these offer some help with the issue :)

Badge +3

I’m thinking this is a big in Klaviyo. We are all of a sudden having this issue on 2 of our websites (multiple brands) that are built on different platforms entirely. Have not had this issue in the past but all of a sudden its doing it. Changing targeting settings to only display on 1 url (homepage) seems to fix it; however, we currently have social links to different landing pages and want the form to display there as well so its not really a solution.

Userlevel 7
Badge +59

Also wanted to add, if you have a cookie consent management tool/app to manage your end users choice of cookie consent/privacy, make sure it is configured as you expect it. Sometimes these tools can inadvertently block certain javascript or cookies that Klaviyo requires for this to work.  

Badge +3

We do use cookiebot. Do you know of any specific settings with cookiebot that would cause the issues? I can have my developer look into it

Badge +1

I’ve tried all the suggestions in these comments, but finally reached out to Klaviyo directly after nothing seemed to work. Turns out we were using the code snippet for a custom trigger when we didn’t need to! Deleting the code snippet from our Shopify theme did the trick since the Klaviyo.js is already present. I hope that’s helpful for anyone else who may be experiencing similar issues.

Badge +3

My issue seems to have resolved itself. We had to update the API since legacy v1/v2 APIs are being retired. Right after we did that, Klaviyo was down, but as soon as Klaviyo was back up everything seemed to be working ok. Not sure if this was a Klaviyo bug or if the API change fixed it.