Solved

How do I start with Klaviyo if I am a Complete Beginner?

• 26 October 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Klaviyo Community,

I am completely knew to Klaviyo and trying to learn how to become a Klaviyo expert and partner. I have a few questions, but I can’t seem to find someone to speak with directly! Could anyone answer these questions for me?

1. How to operate Klaviyo for multiple businesses if being paid to do so?
  2. How do paid accounts work if working for a business?
  3. Ways in which to market your expertise?
  4. Opportunities to gain experience as a beginner?

I’m sure I’ll have many more, so if someone is willing to sit down with me, that would be amazing.

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 26 October 2021, 16:11

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @jordank

Welcome to the Community! We are so glad you’re here! The Community is a great place to share your questions and learn from your peers.

I’d love to give some additional insight as well as open this conversation up to other users who would like to share their input! 

If you’re looking to freelance for multiple businesses, you will need specific account access, like an admin role, to access their account and have full access to most features. There are various ways that Free and Paid Accounts Differ in Klaviyo. Paid accounts offer many additional features that is explained in further detail in this post made by a fellow user recently. 

There are many ways to market your expertise and share it to your potential clients, I actually had a conversation with an awesome user looking to do a similar thing earlier the month. 

In order to gain more experience in your Klaviyo skillset, I would recommend checking out our Klaviyo Academy to gain more understanding by taking our various courses, investigating our Help Center to read our helpful documentation, while also checking out what the Community has to offer. This Community offers users the chance to research other users’ troubleshooting questions, grow in their skillset via our ‘Level Up with Klaviyo’ videos brought to us by our Growth team and other foundation Klaviyo elements like Signup FormWelcome Series flows and Email Deliverability best practices:

Getting Started with Klaviyo Academy Course

Product Certification Academy Course

Level Up with Klaviyo  

Finally, a fellow partner gives a great response on how to become one in this community post. 

Thanks for sharing your question with us and excited to see your skills grow in Klaviyo! 

-Taylor

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Taylor,

Thank you so much for your response! It definitely helps a lot.

Kind Regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi Klaviyo Community,

I am completely knew to Klaviyo and trying to learn how to become a Klaviyo expert and partner. I have a few questions, but I can’t seem to find someone to speak with directly! Could anyone answer these questions for me?

1. How to operate Klaviyo for multiple businesses if being paid to do so?
  2. How do paid accounts work if working for a business?
  3. Ways in which to market your expertise?
  4. Opportunities to gain experience as a beginner?

I’m sure I’ll have many more, so if someone is willing to sit down with me, that would be amazing.

Thank you!

Hi Jordan, welcome to the world of Klaviyo and email/sms marketing! I’d be happy to answer some questions you have. 

I’ll add some more insights into questions 3 and 4.

First, if you haven’t already, do an inventory of your skills that relate to email marketing (copywriting, design, ecommerce, psychology, etc..). Then identify how you can layer these skills to your pitch to clients.  You may be a beginner, but with a little research, you’ll know more than most who aren’t in the email marketing world.

1. Cold reach out, contribute freely, go where your prospects hang out (Twitter, LinkedIn, IRL).  I’d start by picking a sub-niche.  For example, you’ll need to go deeper than eCommcerce stores… maybe eCommerce stores doing 6 figures in the fashion category.  A common way to get a foot in the door is a do a free account audit. 
  2. Find someone who will allow you to work on their account for free :)   The best way to get experience is hands-on.  As a beginner, you may not find paid work right away.  If you can, start your own eCommerce site and try to build and grow an email list from there, that would be an AMAZING way to get experience - but also very time consuming.  I’d stick to working on someone else’s business to start (and if you have time, your own on the side)

If you have any more questions, feel free to DM me. 

Good luck!