Solved

Default Country drop down list

• 13 August 2021
  • 22 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I want to be able to let my site visitors choose their location/country from a drop-down list when they signup but at the minute I have to create a manual list and enter all 190+ countries as options.

You have a drop-down list with country under “Phone”, couldn’t you just take that exact piece of code, remove the extension information, and use that as a drop-down list for “Country”? It would save a huge amount of time, especially as you cannot clone a Signup Form across different lists, meaning you have to enter the same 190+ countries every time you create a form for a new List.

icon

Best answer by David To 10 March 2022, 22:34

View original

22 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @AdamMcA,

Thanks for sharing your feedback and experiencing with having to manually create a list of 190+ countries for a drop down option in a signup form. Also really appreciate the suggestion for transitioning an existing Klaviyo function to be used in this particular fashion. I’ll share this insightful idea to your Product Team to investigate this feature!

In addition, Klaviyo signup forms can actually be cloned as highlighted in the How to Create and Manage Signup Forms Help Center Article. Cloning a signup form will make a copy of the original signup form including the layout, format, fields, behavior settings, etc. Once cloned, you can also update the list that this signup form submit it’s subscribers to as described in the Change the List a Signup Form Submits to article. With this in mind, if you had already set up a signup form with a dropdown selection of 190+ countries, you can clone this form and update the list that the form submits to, to retain this dropdown option you have already built out. 

Thanks for being a Klaviyo Community member and providing your suggestions!

David

Badge +3

I can’t believe there is no option for country dropdown in forms. Seems like it would be a very easy fix that would add a lot more functionality.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @znicho,

Really appreciate your feedback and sentiments regarding including a country dropdown function within forms! Our Product Team is still exploring this idea and we’ll provide an update here whenever one becomes available!

Have a great day!

David

Badge +1

Hi! Has this function been added yet? I’m currently trying to set up my first signup form and want to add a dropdown where people can select their country, but can’t figure out how. Should the Value be the same as the label (i.e. USA for USA) or is there anything else that should go in the Value box?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Cattie,

The suggestion above has been shared with our Product Team but currently is not a feature of Klaviyo. 

What you want to use as a value within your form really depends on your own setup. Taking a look into our Guide to Properties and About Custom Properties Help center articles may shed more light on further understanding collecting these properties and how to set them up. In many cases though, the Value and the Label fields are the same. 

David

Badge +3

Hi,

We are having the same problem and I am actually quite amazed that this hasn't been added to the product already, especially after the issue raised here 7 months ago?

My marketing teams is in distress about this, really.

/Lasse

Badge +8

This would be a super helpful feature to implement.

It would also be great if we could have this for states (US) and counties (UK), as I am currently working with a UK client who offers location based products, so I am having to manually add 48 UK counties to a drop down menu for the customer to choose the county in which they live. 

Badge

I am new to Klayvio - and am befuddled that this feature STILL  does not exist….so basic!

Not good enough Klayvio

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jadebiscuit,

I’ll add those notes to the existing ones that’s been shared with our Product Team!

@larindom and @LMS, appreciate you sharing your feedback with us! I completely understand the frustration here. Be assured that our product team is aware of the requests for this feature enhancement.

Have a great day!

David

Badge +1

Has there been any movement on adding this feature? It is a really important feature for us. 

Badge

Please add this feature! Super important

Badge

Hi all,

How have people been over-coming this issue? Are you not using the country function? I’m so surprised that this functionality doesn’t exist.

Is there an ETA Klaviyo?

Thanks

Eleri

Badge

Also waiting on this feature please Klaviyo.

Thanks

Badge

Still waiting too...

Badge

Hello, any update on this? 

We are opening our service country by country and we would like to have a sign-up form with the country list dropdown so we can know which region we should prioritize and be able to inform visitors when we open for them! 

This is a very basic function and has been requested by the community over a year ago!

Please give an update on this.

Badge

Hey @jadebiscuit,

I’ll add those notes to the existing ones that’s been shared with our Product Team!

@larindom and @LMS, appreciate you sharing your feedback with us! I completely understand the frustration here. Be assured that our product team is aware of the requests for this feature enhancement.

Have a great day!

David

Hello, any update on this? 

We are opening our service country by country and we would like to have a sign-up form with the country list dropdown so we can know which region we should prioritize and be able to inform visitors when we open for them! 

This is a very basic function and has been requested by the community over a year ago!

Please give an update on this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @chuuchuu @NickyHere @Eleri Jones @highfram @Kristen B,

Sorry you haven’t received a response. However, at this time there is still no update on an ETA for this feature. Like David, I will add notes for each of you to the original feature request to help it gain more traction. Thank you so much for sharing this feedback to help up guide our development team on this features that you need to run your businesses quickly and efficiently.

Thank you all for being part of the Klaviyo Community and helping us improve everyday.

Badge

Much needed feature! 

We would love to be able to notify our customers when our product becomes available in their country… The current solution (using a text field) is not ideal, as people use different names for their countries (eg. USA, US, America, United States, etc.) which makes filtering them out slightly difficult.

A dropdown menu would make it so much easier!

Badge

Hey @jadebiscuit,

@larindom and @LMS, appreciate you sharing your feedback with us! I completely understand the frustration here. Be assured that our product team is aware of the requests for this feature enhancement.

Have a great day!

David

Hello, is there still no ETA on this very basic feature? Mailchimp offers this and it does not seem that complicated..

Hi, I want to push for this feature.
Is ok to dont have it, but isn’t serious that Klaviyo dont have yet (at least) a roadmap for.

Hi,
I’m quite surprised this feature hasn’t been implemented, as it seems obvious to me that Klaviyo users would like to be able to personalize messages in line with their different with markets.
I would like to push for this feature as well.

Agree with all the above, this is a straightforward and basic feature in any sign up form that should already be included in the Klaviyo product. Please could you set this up asap? Thank you!