Solved

How to edit the "Confirm your subscription" email?

• 5 November 2020
  • 42 replies

Show first post

42 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Shots Fired,

I would suggest subscribing to this post as we’ll provide an update once we receive news from our Product Team regarding this feature request for an ability to edit the language in the confirmation email fields more adequately. 

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @tina.merconic

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Klaviyo Community!

At this time Klaviyo does not have the capability to allow you to fully create your own confirmation emails.

Really appreciate the feedback you’ve shared with us for the translation of the double opt-in disclaimer in German. I’ll share this input with our Product Team to take a look further into this matter! 

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Badge +2

Hello @tina.merconic

Thanks for sharing your feedback with the Klaviyo Community!

At this time Klaviyo does not have the capability to allow you to fully create your own confirmation emails.

Really appreciate the feedback you’ve shared with us for the translation of the double opt-in disclaimer in German. I’ll share this input with our Product Team to take a look further into this matter! 

Thanks for being a member of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Thank you David for your quick response!

Thanks for forwarding the info with your product team. Can you please inform me once it’s done?

Have a great day!

Best,

Tina

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Merkide,

You can disable the double opt-in requirement for users subscribing to your list and enabling single opt-in by:

1. Click into the list you want to edit
  2. Select Settings
  3. Check the box next to Single opt-in
  4. Click Update List Settings

You can learn more about the double opt-in confirmation email and why it’s typically best practice from the Guide to the Double Opt-In Process Help Center article.

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @tina.merconic,

I’ll be sure to update this thread when I have any available updates from our Product Team regarding rephrasing of the translated version of the double opt-in disclaimer message!

Have a great day!

David

Badge +1

Thank you David, will do.

I understand you want to be GDPR complaint, of course so do we. As templates have language in settings can’t we find a solution using default text/fields/templates which are filled based on the language of the template?

This way you stay in control, but give us the flexibility to use more than one language.

Warmest regards,

Peter

PS: If you need assistance with the transaltions, let me know

Badge +1

Many thanks David! Just what i was looking for :) 

Badge +1

Hi Klaviyo, 

Is it also possible to delete or adjust the email conformation mail? So the people don’t get the conformation email? 

Badge +1

Hello @tina.merconic,

I’ll be sure to update this thread when I have any available updates from our Product Team regarding rephrasing of the translated version of the double opt-in disclaimer message!

Have a great day!

David

Are there any news @david.to ?

Badge +1

This must be fixable! Since this is a property changed within the customer profile, wouldn’t it be possible to send this property update within the url, e.g. in a custom mail template? I can’t code that myself, but properties are updated through links and events all the time.

Who is smart enough to do it?

That would mean a single opt-in list which than sends out the custom email template with the link to collect the constent and update the property to comply with GDPR. Doesn’t sound too hard...

Badge +1

Hi David,

I also have a question concerning the text in the confirmation mail. On my website, people can leave their email to receive a free download via mail. In the form, in order to be GDPR compliant, people can optionally subscribe for our newsletter as well.

However, when they choose not to subscribe for the newsletter but only want to receive the free download, they get this automatic confirmation mail that states that they subscribe to a list. This is very confusing, because they just chose not to get subscribed to a mailing list. Is there an option to change this?

Kind regards,
Sophie

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Sebum,

At present there aren’t any updates I can provide pertaining to this request. What I can share is that our Product Team is aware of the request and is categorizing this request as a product enhancement that has been brought to the appropriate team to further explore improving upon. 

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @nomlyfoods,

I believe the confusion here pertains to how GDPR consent is collected within your signup form. For  starters whenever a subscriber fills out and submits a form, the form is designed to add contacts to the list associated with it. There wouldn’t be a behavior that would exclude a contact from being added to the associated list by having a field selected or not selected within the form. For this reason, those contacts who fill out your form, but do not select this specific field to be added to your newsletter would still be sent the double opt-in confirmation email requesting if they would like to confirm their subscription to your list.

Like with any Klaviyo signup forms, these GDPR fields are collected as profile properties and would not effect how the form’s intended function was. I would suggest taking a look at the Guide to Collecting GDPR Compliant Consent and Frequently Asked Questions About GDPR Help Center articles to learn more about collecting GDPR compliant consent and how to use Klaviyo forms to comply with this.

In addition, if your contacts have not opt-ed into receive email marketing materials from you then having contacts share their email address and sending them an email with a download link for your material wouldn’t make sense. Instead, I would suggest having a specific page on your website allow contacts to download your material and simply allow your signup forms to collect newsletter subscribers. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +1

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. I figured it out by adding another list in Klaviyo, and only subscribers who gave consent will move into this second list.

Actually I do think that it makes sense to offer a free download combined with the possibility to subscribe, because the free download is an incentive for people to act. Just asking people to subscribe for you newsletter is not very attractive in itself and won't stimulate an action.

So I think it's worth further investigation to see whether your software can support this. Both the ability to modify the confirmation mail as well as the option to set this up more easily.

Kind regards,

Sophie

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @nomlyfoods,

So glad to hear that you were able to figure out a solution that works for you!

As mentioned in a previous post in this thread, because these confirmation emails pertain to collecting consent there are limits to the what can and cannot be edited. I’l share your feedback with our Product Team as I believe it could certainly help them in future endeavors!

Have a great day!

David

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @PAPERLY,

Our Product Team is aware of the strong outpour of requests to improve the translation of the confirmation pages. We’ll be sharing any updates regarding this feature enhancement as soon as any additional information is made available to us!

David

Badge

Hi all, I also have an issue with the confirm your subscription email, however it not regarding the language.

I have chosen rounded corners on the edges. It works fine on the other notifications, but on the “confirm your subscription” email it remains its straight corners which makes it look rather off in regard to the other notifications, how can I make the corners rounded like the rest?