What do you do to increase order rate? AB Test ideas

• 13 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

I’m just wondering what sort of AB tests you’d recommend or personally use when testing email designs and formats to increase order rates.

Our orders are generally around $200-400 and something that you would only buy maybe once a year or so rather than something to regularly stock up on. 

Our click rates and open rates are really high, but I’m wondering how we can improve the order rates. I know it depends on a lot like product pages etc, but where have you seen changes?

I’m changing the CTA, button placement, more targeted offers according to segment and that’s definitely boosted the click rates, but they’re still not converting very well.

Would love to hear all  your thoughts and suggestions.

Cheers

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@michaeljja not really an answer on a per campaign order rate, but make sure you have flows setup to remind people to purchase again, or upgrade (not sure what the product is, so what you think it appropriate). Although you aren’t getting high conversion rates, based on annual frequency of purchasing, I think your emails are still great for brand awareness and reminders. 

Also look at referral programs to help build your list and market to new, potential customers.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Yeah that’s a good point. Maybe one based on the estimated next order date (which always seems off in my experience but I guess it has the data for a reason), or a post-purchase flow for later down the track. I think you’re definitely right re the brand awareness, just hard to quantify how valuable that is.

Thanks a lot!