Solved

All email skipped - Flow filters

• 15 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

I’m new to Klaviyo and just got my flows set up and live.

I also get trouble with all email now being skipped, i do not know why like that but i think something wrong when i set flow filters. 

Am I wrong in setting up the logic for flow filters? Can I have some advice please? Thanks in advance!

icon

Best answer by Bobby 15 March 2024, 11:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +17

Hi @TungKeslyKomen,

Welcome to the community!

Considering this is a Customer Thank You email, my hunch is that the issue could be with the second piece of criteria in your screenshot of “Has Placed Order at least once since starting the flow”.

When the user places an order, that will enter them in the flow (assuming the event that triggers the flow is “Placed Order”). That second piece of criteria is stating that the user must place another order after they’ve entered the flow in order to be eligible to receive any messages.

To confirm if the above is the issue, what you can do is follow this guide [Troubleshooting why a flow message skipped a profile] to view the skipped reasons for that particular message.

Let me know if I can be of any further help.

Cheers,
Bobby

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @TungKeslyKomen,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community! 

Depending on what your preferred outcome is, the trouble may lie with your AND connector between filter criteria:

When using an AND connector, users who enter your flow have to meet both of the listed criteria in order to move forward. If this is your intention, then congrats! This means that your flow filters are likely working properly, and filtering out users who do not meet both filter definitions. While that may mean that fewer users are pushed through the flow, no changes are needed if this means only those who meet your specific criteria are allowed through. 

If your intention is to include any users who meets either of the two criteria (not both), then I would recommend using an OR connector between your filters. The correction would look something like this:

With this filter, any user who meets either of the listed criteria will be pushed forward through the flow, and will not be skipped. 

AND connectors are more exclusive, and fewer people will be pushed through your flow as they have to meet all listed criteria. 
OR connectors are more inclusive, and more people will be pushed through your flow as they can meet any of the listed criteria. 

If you would like to learn more about the difference on AND vs. OR connectors, you can read this Help Center article: AND vs. OR reference

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski