Solved

Email Warmup

• 14 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

I need help with warming up my dedicated sending domain. I’m a new Klaviyo user (made account about a week ago) and have only about 10 emails. I was looking through the guided warming processes but one of the requirements is that I need to be able to send out emails to an already existing list, which I don’t have (I have only about 10 emails).

What should I do? Should I just set up the high converting flows (abandonment series and welcome series) and wait?

icon

Best answer by retention 14 June 2023, 22:37

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Aria Sound, welcome to Klaviyo and the community!

So, a lot of the warming up with a dedicated sending domain documentation pertains to brands with a larger list coming in from another platform and want to make sure the platform switch doesn’t disrupt their sender reputation with the various inbox providers.  

For newcomers to email marketing in general, I think your intuition is spot on, just turn on your high engaging/converting Flows to start and you can start monitoring their performance.  

You can mix in some Campaign sends as well, and even though your list is small it lets those folks who did sign up a chance to get acclimated to your emails.  A side benefit is you can practice using Klaviyo for Campaigns and get more familiar with the platform as your build your List.

If you ever run into problems, just share them here and I’m confident someone in the community will be glad to assist!

Badge

Thanks for the quick reply! I’ll set up my welcome and abandonment flows and build my list.

I’ve had issues with the emails from my welcome flows going into spam, as I sent a demo email to my personal emails and I noticed they all went to spam. Do you have any tips? Would getting rid of the “Klaviyo” watermark help deliverability?

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Aria Sound!

Just jumping in here to augment @retention’s great advice. Here are some helpful Community threads and Help Center articles that might help you improve deliverability:

Help Center:

I hope this helps, and thanks for using the Community!

- Brian