Solved

I have a question about flow filtering

• 13 March 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi guys,

We're trying to optimise our flow structure. I have one question for all of my flows. For example the Abandoned Checkout Flow. We use a filter at the trigger section as Placed Order to restrict people who place orders after they checkout! It's plain!

But for the people who don't check out, they will receive our mail series, my question would be, do we need to add one condition split for each email #1, email #2, and email #3 as placing order 0 time (for ceasing the flow if they place orders after reading one of these emails) or the filter at trigger already does that part? Looking forward to your responses.

Best regards

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 13 March 2024, 13:52

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Konic Group,

According to this artcile, if you put a filter at the beginning of a flow, such as:

Has placed 0 orders since starting this flow

or

Has placed 0 orders over all time

then the rest of the emails in the flow will be skipped if they place an order after opening one of the emails. Of course, it is best to test this out before turning your flow live!

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Konic Group 

As @JessFosnough states, adding a flow filter ‘Has placed zero orders since starting this flow’ will prevent your abandoned emails from being sent once a contact places an order when they’re in the flow; flow filters are evaluated before each email is sent.

However, a filter ‘Has placed zero orders over all time’ will restrict your abandoned checkout flow emails to only contacts who have yet to place an order; existing customers won’t receive them.

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hi everyone,

I got the answer from you guys. That helps a lot. Thank you.

All the best

Danny