Solved

Klaviyo is not recognizing new orders on WooCommerce

• 17 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge

When a client begins the checkout process in our WooCommerce site, Klaviyo picks ups the event as “Started Checkout”, but it doesn’t recognize when the order is placed. Even after the checkout process ends and we receive an email from WooCommerce letting us know that there’s a new order, Klaviyo still shows it as “Started Checkout” and not as “Placed Order”.

What could be causing this? 

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 17 July 2023, 15:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @Memmora ,

Welcome to the Community! 

I was able to find a few other threads here where other Klaviyo users had experienced the same issues you are reporting here:

In both cases, it looks like this sync issue was resolved by contacting Klaviyo Support. Because there are many variables that could be causing the Placed Order metric to not come over from WooCommerce into Klaviyo, it is best to have someone with access to your account look into it at a technical level. 

I’ve personally used this approach in the past whenever I have encountered any integration sync issue, and the problem is often very quickly resolved!

Hope this helps. 

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Badge

Thanks!

However, I am on free version, so I can’t contact Klaviyo.

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

@Memmora If you are on the free version, you can try removing your WooCommerce integration and re-adding it to see if that fixes the data sync as well!