Solved

Add website locale parameter to Woocommerce Klaviyo events

• 31 October 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge

On a client's sites we have recently started using Klaviyo and would need to use the service to send transactional emails as well. All sites are built with Woocommerce and we are using the official plugin to manage the sending of ecommerce events.

We would need to enrich the events with a parameter expressing the language in which the user was viewing the site when the event was triggered. 

I have already read many other threads, but usually we are referring to ordinary flows, so we talk about collecting the user's preferred language in the signup form, which is obviously impossible as far as transactional emails are concerned.

So my question is, is there any way to pass the site language as a parameter to all events that are sent from Woocomerce to Klaviyo?

icon

Best answer by Omar 1 November 2023, 00:56

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@luca_barbi great questions.

Multilanguage is always an issue and things can go wrong pretty quickly when done wrong or mistakes are made but in essence I would say that language preferences a users shares are somewhat more important than if they come to a site, switch languages or for example got the wrong (language) newsletter and clicked to the wrong language website.

If you can share or send a separate event or profile update from the backend to Klaviyo you should be able to populate the checkout or purchase language as a profile property to someone’s profile.

If you're using a subfolder (/en /it /es) or subdomain en.domain.com, it.domain.com then for all flows that get triggered like viewed product or started checkout should have the url in the event data meaning you should be able to create splits in the flow based on language.

Additionally you could create a flow - based on started checkout and use the update profile property to add or update the language profile property.

Which transactional emails were you thinking of seting up?

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO