Solved

Brick & Mortar Integration with NEW APIs

• 7 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

We are starting a project to integrate our bricks-and-mortar transaction data into Klaviyo.  The article on the developers site has been a great starting point: Sync Ecommerce with Brick-and-Mortar Locations | Klaviyo Developers 

I am wondering if there is a similar resource for the new API (22-10-17) endpoints?    The v1/v2 docs are pointing towards posting data via the server-side ‘track’ api, but now it appears I should be using the ‘events’ endpoint.  

Should I continue with v1/v2 for now, with the intent to upgrade to the new calls before the end of 2023?  

Any guidance would be appreciated.   Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 7 December 2022, 20:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @ksp_john and welcome back to the Community!

While the Brick-and-Mortar guide is still mostly relevant, the code snippets listed there still use the legacy APIs. I spoke with our engineering/technical writing team about the guides, and they informed me that they will be updated in the next month or so to reflect the latest APIs. 

To that end, I would suggest continuing with the legacy APIs, and I will update the thread when the new documentation is available!

I hope this helps to clarify!

Thanks, 

Brian

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@Brian Turcotte - Thank you for the feedback and guidance.  We will move forward with the legacy APIs for now -- but certainly looking forward to the new documentation!