Solved

Hosted Page

• 9 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

I have a bit of an issue… We have been hosting our Klaviyo Embeded Webforms on our website.  We have a shopify site.  It looks like this www.pirani.life/pages/tortuga - It works but we want these subscribers to be added to a list that is different than the Shopify/Klaviyo integration.  I know I can signup for a webhosting like Godaddy (or anything like this) and just embed the widgets there, but since we don’t use them all year, it seemed like a waste.  We only use them 4-5 times per year for 2-3 days at a time.  I thought I could use the Hosted Page.  If this is not the best method, can someone help me.

The issue is we don’t want them on the “Direct to Consumer” list which is the Shopify Integration ad we don’t want to turn of the Shopify Integration for the 2-3 days because that would mean we are losing customers from our website.

Any thoughts would be AMAZING

icon

Best answer by DavidV 9 April 2024, 23:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +21

Hi @PiraniLife,

Welcome to the Klaviyo community!

This is absolutely possible with the embedded forms. When you create a new signup form, you can define the list that you want the customer added to. 

1. Go to Lists & Segments, click “Create New” and create a new list
    1. Go to Sign Up Forms → Create a new sign up form 

This will add users to the “Get a free lid” list when they are added. The only part you may want to do is include them in your target audiences going forward if you’re sending out a campaign. 

I hope this helps - again, the easiest way is to build out the landing page directly on your existing website and drive the traffic there.

Thanks
David

Badge

Hi @PiraniLife,

Welcome to the Klaviyo community!

This is absolutely possible with the embedded forms. When you create a new signup form, you can define the list that you want the customer added to. 

1. Go to Lists & Segments, click “Create New” and create a new list
    1. Go to Sign Up Forms → Create a new sign up form 

This will add users to the “Get a free lid” list when they are added. The only part you may want to do is include them in your target audiences going forward if you’re sending out a campaign. 

I hope this helps - again, the easiest way is to build out the landing page directly on your existing website and drive the traffic there.

Thanks
David

Hey @DavidV 

I have this all working, the issue we have is, when you have Shopify (or potentially any e-commerce platform) connected to Klaviyo, there is a setting that says to add new customers to a list.  Since the form is on our Shopify site, it is adding it to the list we specify in the signup form settings as well as the form the integration is set to.  We don’t want it on both lists, only the one specified in the signup form builder

Userlevel 5
Badge +21

Hi @PiraniLife,

No problem. If the customer does not go through the native Shopify footer or checkout, they won’t be added to the list. I’ve just retested this and they are only added to one list:

However, if my profile here goes through the Shopify checkout or fill in another sign up form, it would still add me to the newsletter list. This is in the Integration Settings

So in short, if the customer only fills in the embedded form but doesn’t do anything else on your website, they won’t be added to your main list. 

The only other thing I could think of is that you have a master newsletter segment rather than a list. Is this the case?

Thanks
David