Solved

How to change link text color on NEW email template

• 6 November 2021
  • 41 replies

Show first post

41 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

I feel like even with my poor html skills something is buggy. 

@David To here’s an example, as far as I can tell, both tags are the same. One is for managing preferences, one is for unsubscribing:

<p>Update your email preferences:<a href="{% manage_preferences %}" style="color: #F5A623 !important;">Manage Preferences</a></p>

<p>Don't want to receive any marketing emails?<a href="{% unsubscribe_link %}" style="color: #F5A623 !important;">Unsubscribe</a></p>

Both display fine in Klaviyo, except this time, when I send a preview to gmail, the unsub displays the correct color while the preference one is like this:

Am I missing something, or is something wrong?

Thanks!

Badge +1

Hello,

I’m having the same issue so fixed it with the code above for the Manage Preferences and Unsubscribe link but how do I fix for an ‘email’ link (example below)? Could someone pls supply the source code to change this from blue to the colour of my choice (this goes blue when I send the email)?

I am having this same issue! I am attempting to put an email address in the body of the email, but I do not want this to turn into a blue link. I added <span style="color:#ffffff;"> to the code, in the text block where this is included, but it is still showing as a blue link when I send the preview email in both outlook and gmail. Should I be putting this in a different spot in the code? Does the email address or link need to be wrapped in a specific code? 

Badge +1

Hey there, I know it’s just been 8 days but I’m also experiencing this issue. I’ve tried hyperlinking text rather than using the “Add Personalization” and I’m either stuck with the blue or I get a code error. I checked the code but it’s like it won’t save at all. I also noticed it appears to (sometimes) be adding %22 in place of quotations in the source code if that helps at all. 

Here’s the preview: 

Here’s the editor: 

Please please help! Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey Community members,

I know it wasn’t that long ago that I posted, but wanted to share that our Product Team did recently release a fix to resolve this behavior of links always turning blue despite what their styling was set as.

I also just want to thank everyone’s patience as our team worked towards implementing a solution for this bug.

Have a great day!

David 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @WhlM and @MBrown,

As you may have noticed, the provided workaround for hyperlinks by overriding the CSS typically wouldn’t work for email addresses. Unlike hyperlinks, Gmail and some other inbox providers will actually automatically see email addresses, telephone numbers, and sometimes street addresses as “functions” to launch a compatible app or software. Because of this, inbox providers will typically have much stricter CSS weight to them that would oftentimes not allow you to override them. 

David

Badge +1

Has there been any progress on this issue? All of the links in my emails are bright blue even though I changed the link color under “Styles”. I am also using the new editor and am using the drag and drop text boxes.

This is frustrating as the blue is a jarring color and not what I want in my emails.

I read the workaround @jand proposed but was not able to make it work. Anything I add to my source code is not saved, even when I click Done and Save. 

Please advise @David To and thank you in advance.

Badge +3

Does this bug extend to metric variables as well? In those cases the info (email or phone number) cannot be stylized, but are still blue in gmail.
The styles are set to a color and the variable is enclosed in a span tag

For example
If “{{ event.person.email }}” returns “name@domain.com” the email will be blue
Email: name@domain.com

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Will there be any system option to adjust not this workaround. Again as i was recommend some time ago if there will be color option with !important value in editor would be great 🙏

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Jakub,

At present, I’m not aware of any system options to adjust those specific hyperlink colors.

Although an !important tag is often used to make it so the style of an object cannot be overridden, inbox providers won’t always adhere to this. This is to make it so that these sensitive links/hyperlinks stand out as as a measure of spam prevention - making it easier for users to unsubscribe or manage their preference. 

Using these workarounds is great to have these important hyperlinks align with your brand design, but in practice may not be the best. 

In my opinion, I rather have a highly visible unsubscribe or manage preference link that’s easily identifiable. Else, the next option for users when they don’t see these options is to mark your email as spam. Or, they’ll simply ignore and delete the email going forward without interacting with any of your future email outreaches. In either cases, this would impact your overall sending reputation. I’ve definitely caught myself doing both before. 

I hope this clarifies some things!

David

Badge +3

thanks - will give it go

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @OasisAdaptogens,

Thanks for that latest screenshot! Since it appears those emails are adhering to the template’s style setting, I would suggest double checking the source code of where that blue text is appearing. I would make sure that both the manage preferences and unsubscribe text aren’t being overridden by any coding.

This can often times happen if you’ve copied and pasted this code from another source and the formatting comes along with it. The source code will always override the template’s style in cases like this. To alleviate this I would suggest removing the bit of code that is defining that text color that is overriding the template’s style. Alternatively, if you copied this text from a different source, I would suggest copying the text again and pasting it back into this template without the additional formatting and styling.

David

@david.to Hello there! I am also facing the same issue. The unsubscribe link was the one I’ve used for the standard template selected so the source code wasnt tampered with.

I’ve also tried the method of save and return to template method you’ve suggested and it wasnt working too. I am still getting the blue colour text link

Possible to assist on it please?

Ps: I am also using the new template editor

Thank you so much!

Badge +1

Hey there, I’m also experiencing this issue where once I type in a URL in the button, it overrides the text color. Is there a workaround for it at this moment? How do I accomplish setting the color?

Badge +1

Also, in the new template, the “Product” block button URL is not working at all (I set to assign a URL automatically). When I test it in the email, it does not link anywhere (it is not even a link at all because when I hover the cursor does not even change)

Badge +2

Hey @david.to 

Any updates on this! It seems to still be happening!

Thank you!

Badge +1

Hi David, 

Did you guys find a solution for the unsubscribe/web view links yet? Mine are still showing blue in both the new and the old editor now when before, the Klaviyo update, I did not have these issues. 

Thanks!