Solved

Double opt-in email appearing as event

• 26 April 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I recently enabled double opt-in for my master list. Should the confirmation email show as an event on a subscribers profiles or should I trust that Klaviyo is sending it out? I guess would like some transparency as to whether new subscribers are confirming their subscription. 

icon

Best answer by Dov 26 April 2022, 16:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @vylla001,

Thanks for sharing this with us.

The confirmation email will not display on a subscriber’s profile. With that said, if you’d like to track users who have filled out your signup form but not yet confirmed their subscription, you can create a segment using the $source property (which is the default property that is logged when a user fills a Klaviyo form). By default, the $source property name will align with the name of the sign-up form. Add an additional criteria for “is not in list X”. Here’s an example of a segment if the signup form name is “Just for you” and the list name is “Newsletter”:

Once they’ve confirmed their subscription, they will be a member of the list in question. You can trust if they’ve filled the form that a confirmation email was delivered to them, we also recommend you include a note on the success page of your signup form for users to check their junk/spam/promotions folders.

I hope that’s helpful! Thanks for being a community member.