Solved

How to change the email avatar?

• 23 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +3

Hello 

I am using KLAVIYO to do email marketing and want to change this avatar, so when my customers see my email they will see my logo.

Does anybody know where to set this in KLAVIYO?

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 23 March 2022, 19:51

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @homerunpet,

Welcome to the Community.

If you would like to change the profile picture when sending an email, i.e. the image of your profile that will be shown in your recipients' inbox, then you need to update the profile picture with the Email Service Provider you registered with, for example, Google In such case, you can refer to this article.

Also on iOS devices, if you are viewing your mail it will set the initials of the sender as a default contact photo. For example, receiving mail from Abcd@xyz. com would show an A if you did not add this email contact to your device or if the sender’s email doesn’t come with a profile photo.

Thanks,

Alex

Badge +3

Hi there @homerunpet,

Welcome to the Community.

If you would like to change the profile picture when sending an email, i.e. the image of your profile that will be shown in your recipients' inbox, then you need to update the profile picture with the Email Service Provider you registered with, for example, Google In such case, you can refer to this article.

Also on iOS devices, if you are viewing your mail it will set the initials of the sender as a default contact photo. For example, receiving mail from Abcd@xyz. com would show an A if you did not add this email contact to your device or if the sender’s email doesn’t come with a profile photo.

Thanks,

Alex

Thanks for your answer Alex

But the article you referred to is not leading to the destination properly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Thanks for catching that bug @homerunpet.

The link should be updated now.

Badge

Hey Alex,

This doesn’t seem to make a difference, as we’ve already set the gmail avatar (appears when sending emails directly to customers) but our emails sent via Klaviyo are sent “via ksd1.klaviyomail.com”. Because of this, updating the gmail avatar makes no difference and our Klaviyo emails still appear with no avatar. Is this something that would be fixed with Gravatar as described here or is there another solution we’re not aware of? Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Sascha,

You'd need to first set up Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) to ensure your profile image is displayed in emails. Please refer to external documentation on this here: How to implement Brand Indicators for Message Identification (BIMI) on my emails.

Applying BIMI involves setting up a dedicated sending domain within Klaviyo: How to Set Up a Dedicated Sending Domain.

All the best,

Alex