Solved

New credit card added to suspended account - how long before unsuspended?

• 31 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hi there

We have added a new credit card, but account still says suspended and we need to send edms asap - anyone know how to pay a bill on a contract?

Or at what time the credit card will process payment/account unsuspended?

cheers

H

icon

Best answer by David To 3 January 2023, 16:27

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @HGSykes,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

If your account gets suspended for a missed payment or we’re unable to charge the card you have on file, our system will automatically retry charging the card several times. This includes if you’ve updated the card on file as well. 

In the event that you’ve updated your card on file and your account is still suspended after a couple of hours, I would suggest reaching out to our wonderful Support colleagues. They’ll be able to investigate the issue further. 

From my experience, sometimes you may also want to check with your credit card issuer to make sure the payment isn’t being blocked on their end as a suspicious activity for security purposes. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge

It has been close to 20 hours since we added a new card but our account is still suspended and we can’t figure out why. We also cannot get any support via email or chat because of this issue and are really concerned about missing out another day of sending out our newsletter. We’d appreciate some help, please. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Asia Financial,

Totally understand your concern! Despite your account being suspended for a failed payment, you’ll still have full access to it - you just won’t have the ability to send emails. 

We do have several retry processes in place after a payment as failed as mentioned in our Understanding how credit cards are retried after a failed payment Help Center article. However, if you’re still having troubles and you’re unable to reach our support colleagues directly in-app, you can always fill out our support request form mentioned in our How to contact support Help Center article for billing inquiries. 

David