• 4 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I have a question about the free plan

I have this months:

341/250 profiles

58/250 emails send

0/150 sms credits

I thinked when I passed 250 active profiles the free plan will end, but Im still on 0$/month, maybe bc I haven't send 250 emails this month?
Can anyone explain it to me? I don't want klaviyo to stop sending emails.

I just use it when ppl subscribe to my newsletter that they get a 10% code. Would be not good if they subscribe and klaviyo stops sending emails.

Would be awesome to get help here. Thanks a lot guys.

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 31 March 2023, 18:35

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @MarcM

Welcome to the Community! Great question, happy to help! 

Your plan will only auto-upgrade if based on these two conditions:

• you try to send to all the profiles in your account at once, aka to 341 
  • you exceed your sending limits for the current month meaning you send more than 250 emails 

To ensure that your subscribers get the emails they need from your brand, it’s considered best practice to continually audit the number of profiles in your account and total email sends in billing period to know when its necessary to upgrade your plan to accommodate your brand’s growth accurately!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge +1

Hi @MarcM

Welcome to the Community! Great question, happy to help! 

Your plan will only auto-upgrade if based on these two conditions:

• you try to send to all the profiles in your account at once, aka to 341 
  • you exceed your sending limits for the current month meaning you send more than 250 emails 

To ensure that your subscribers get the emails they need from your brand, it’s considered best practice to continually audit the number of profiles in your account and total email sends in billing period to know when its necessary to upgrade your plan to accommodate your brand’s growth accurately!

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

thank u for answering, my English is not the best so I try to doublecheck, just if I send 250 emails at once to all my customers or if I send 250 emails in total per month my plan needs to be updated / will get auto updated?

And I checked today again, now my limit is 500 emails send . can you explain me why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @MarcM,

How about upgrading your account? It will be more than worth it down the line!

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Helping E-commerce brands maximize Lifetime Value & Profits with Klaviyo, CRO & CVO

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

The first option you shared would prompt you to upgrade. Because if you send 250 emails to all the profiles in your account, which you say is 341, that would be over 85 k of email sends. You would be prompted to upgrade because you are over your sending limit and you have emailed more people than 25o, which is your limit.

You are correct, actually for a base plan, you are allowed 250 profiles in your account and allowed to send 500 total emails in a month. 

If you send one email to ALL of the profiles in your account, which you say is 341, you will be prompted to upgrade. So you would not send a campaign to more than 250 people at once if you dont’ want to upgrade. If you send more than 500 messages in your monthly time limit you will be prompted to change. This image below might be helpful. 

However, as a fellow Champion Omar recommend above, upgrading your account gives you more space for more subscribers you can send to an the amount of emails you can send at one time. 

-Taylor