Solved

Why are my emails taking a long time to load images?

• 1 February 2021
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

Hola a todxs, 

Soy nueva en Klaviyo y tengo unas dudas, a ver si alguien me puede ayudar ;)

He detectado que los emails que estamos enviando con Klaviyo tardan mucho más en cargar las imagenes, son mucho más lentos. Sabeis cuál puede ser el motivo?

Gracias!

[Translated by Moderator:  

Hi everyone,

I'm new to Klaviyo and I have some doubts, let's see if someone can help me ;)

I have detected that the emails we are sending with Klaviyo take much longer to load the images, they are much slower. Do you know what the reason could be?

Thanks!]

icon

Best answer by mkprkr 6 February 2021, 02:45

View original

2 replies

Badge +2

Hola @Elalso - cuando Klaviyo envía los emails, en general las imágenes que ves en un email realmente son links a un URL externo donde se encuentran las imágenes. 

En otras palabras, el browser es quien carga las imágenes; Klaviyo solamente envía la localización de la imagen via el URL. Por lo tanto, si has detectado que las imágenes están cargando más lentamente, es muy poco probable que el origen del problema sea Klaviyo.

[Translated by Moderator: 

Hi @Elalso - when Klaviyo sends the emails, in general the images you see in an email are actually links to an external URL where the images are located.

In other words, the browser is the one who loads the images; Klaviyo only sends the location of the image via the URL. Therefore, if you have detected that the images are loading slower, it is highly unlikely that the source of the problem is Klaviyo.]

Userlevel 6
Badge +9

Hi @Elalso

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community! Agree with @mkprkr on this one. Since the questions in our Community will benefit other customers who might have similar questions in the future, I’m going to just quickly translate so that others can follow along should they have a similar issue. 

It sounds like currently, the emails you are sending with Klaviyo take a long time to load images, and you’d like to know what the reason could be?

As @mkprkr points out, generally the images you see in an email are actually links to an external URL where the images are located. When an email is sent out through Klaviyo, the browser is the one who loads the images; Klaviyo only sends the location of the image via the URL. Therefore, if you have detected that the images are loading slower, it is highly unlikely that the source of the problem is Klaviyo.

To add to this, some ways to mitigate this could be to reduce the size of your image (but don’t reduce it so much that it loses the quality!). In this blog post on 5 Rules for Using Images in Your Email Templates, it’s highlighted that: 

the larger your images are, the longer they’re going to take email clients to load. A long load time can be the difference between between someone reading or ignoring your email. People are impatient — Kissmetrics reports that 40% of web visitors will abandon a page if it takes more than 3 seconds to load, and the same is true of email load times.

To make sure your emails don’t load too slowly, test them using a service like Litmus’s Image Check.

In fact, you can even resize an image directly in the Image Block editor. More details and tutorials on that here. 

Thanks, 
-Cass.