Solved

Why is Does My Billing Plan Upgrade Seem Incorrect at Checkout?

• 24 September 2021
  • 2 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
My current subscription is $60 a month, and I want to upgrade to $80 a month. The order shows $80. Shouldn't I only need to pay $20? Why does it show that the payment is $80?
icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 24 September 2021, 18:26

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Esther

Thanks for sharing your question about billing with the Community! 

When you upgrade mid-cycle or anytime after your current billing date and before the next one, you only pay a pro-rated price (i.e. the difference between the existing plan that you're on, and the amount you're upgrading to). Then once your accounts enters its new billing cycle, you will pay the full price of the subscription plan, at whatever the upgraded price is.

So in this particular instance, if you upgrade from a $60 / month plan to a $80 / month plan mid-cycle - you will only be charged the difference at the time of the upgrade. Once you enter your new billing cycle, you will then be charged the full $80 amount, in accordance with the subscription plan that your account is on. 

The $80 you see in your checkout reflects the billing plan your account is registered for in Klaviyo going forward.  

For more insight into how Klaviyo Bills its Customers, I’d recommend checking out our Help Center Documentation! 

-Taylor