Solved

Why my payment card was declined?

• 29 September 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

Why my payment was declined? 

I’m using my Paymaya account and has a credit that can cover the Plan cost.

please advise.

Thank you

icon

Best answer by David To 29 September 2021, 16:22

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @AYTS,

Thanks for sharing your question with the Klaviyo Community!

A payment being declined can occur for a variety of reason. From my experience, the most common cause of this is due to either your billing address not matching or the bank/card provider has declined the payment for some reason. I would suggest checking to make sure your billing address entered correctly matches what you have listed for the card. If it does, then I would contact your credit card provider for more details as to why the payment was declined. Once cleared up, you can try to enter your card information again!

For more information on payments and how Klaviyo charges, I would suggest taking a look at the How Klaviyo Bills Customers for Emails and How Klaviyo Bills Customers for SMS Help Center articles. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

Hi David! Thank you for the quick response, however, I changed my billing address as you have mentioned that might be a problem but still my payment was declined,

Hoping to hear from you soon.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @AYTS,

Sometimes after too many failed attempted at charging a card will cause your credit card provider to decline the payment for suspicious activity. For this reason, I would suggest reaching out to your credit card provider for more details and resolving any hesitancy in the card being charged. Once resolved, I would encourage you to reaching out to our Klaviyo support to have our colleagues manually re-run your card to renew your subscription. 

Have a great day!

David