Solved

Dedicated domain setup – Cannot enter @ symbol as the host, for site validation

• 10 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi there,

I’ve set up a dedicated sending domain using instructions from this page. However, I’m using Media Temple, and for some reason their DNZ zone records don’t accept the @ symbol in the  name field for the site verification txt entry. Gives me an error if I try to save it, so I left the field empty to be able to save it.

It looks like the verification is all set though. I get a Your sending domain email.odetothings.com has been applied in Klaviyo, and I was able to send a test email. But I want to make sure I’m not doing something wrong. Is the @ symbol important in this process?

Thanks, –oo

icon

Best answer by David To 11 July 2021, 14:58

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Doubleo,

Great question!

Every DNS is different on how they treat the TXT record and its name field. The “@” symbol for the host name is just a shorthand method for placement of a TXT record on the root domain. Depending on how your DNS handles this, you can either leave this host name field blank or more commonly with a DNS that do not accept the “@” symbol, to add your root domain as the hostname for the TXT record field.

Since it sounds like you are receiving the message of Your sending domain email.odetothings.com has been applied, this would indicate that Klaviyo was able to verify your dedicated domain property and apply this dedicated domain for sending within your Klaviyo account.

I hope this helps!

David