Solved

Help with branded domain

• 9 February 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

My page is overloaded with warnings about the new gmail and yahoo requirements but I can’t find any helpful readings on how to complete the actions and the ones provided by Klaviyo are fairly vague. We are trying to set up this branded sending domain but cannot figure it out. Our domain was purchased through Shopify however when I select “Other” for the DNS provider it won’t initialize. It has been pending for over a week. We don’t use any of the DNS providers listed and use Klaviyo as a Shopify app. If anyone knows how to fix this I would be very grateful. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by retention 11 February 2024, 02:22

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

HI @The Lovemade Home, welcome to the community.

I’m sorry you’re having so much trouble with this, but as an agency person that has done this numerous times in the last few months for a wide range of clients, it hasn’t really been that easy for us either because there are so many different domain providers out there and each one has a slightly different interface to do this. 

I  did configure a few Shopify Managed domains (meaning, that Shopify was used to purchase and manage the domain name) and used the Shopify documentation to help. So perhaps this can help you too...  

Assuming you used all the built-in domain features of Shopify (and didn’t transfer the domain out), you can edit the “DNS Setting” within Shopify itself.  Shopify has a help documentation that can walk you through each of the “DNS record types” and how to set them here:

You’ll want to set the four CNAME record along with the TXT record that is specified in your Branded sending Domain records in Klaviyo  Once you’re done, you should be able to “Verify Records” or use any DNS lookup tool to verify it’s properly setup.  Just note, changing these records can take time as it propagates and bounces around the internet.  Sometimes it takes a few minutes, sometimes a few hours. 

Hopefully this helps you get started to try again.  If not, post some specific questions, screenshots or issues here and we’ll try to help you out.

Best of luck!