Solved

How do I create the "Updated Subscription" metric?

I have inserted in my page a Signup Form for potential clients.
But when doing the test and with an email already registered in a list, the Flow does not activate. They gave me the information that a new Flow must be created, but based on the metric in question.

Does anyone know more about the subject?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Taylor Tarpley 10 June 2022, 22:55

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @Nicolas Aguilera,

If you have your flow set to trigger on list signup it won't trigger because the user is already signed up for that list. So you'd need to have it trigger on somethings else.

A possible workaround is to add a hidden field to your form that adds a custom property to a subscribers profile. Then create a segment that looks at that specific value and have the email flow trigger based on being part of that segment. Same as with a list triggered flow people can only be in that specific flow once. So if the retry the form they won't get the same email again.

More info on Segment triggered flows:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003040052-Guide-to-Creating-a-Segment-Triggered-Flow

More on adding hidden field to your submit button:

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Omar Lovert

Polaris Growth

Hi @Nicolas Aguilera,

If you have your flow set to trigger on list signup it won't trigger because the user is already signed up for that list. So you'd need to have it trigger on somethings else.

A possible workaround is to add a hidden field to your form that adds a custom property to a subscribers profile. Then create a segment that looks at that specific value and have the email flow trigger based on being part of that segment. Same as with a list triggered flow people can only be in that specific flow once. So if the retry the form they won't get the same email again.

More info on Segment triggered flows:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360003040052-Guide-to-Creating-a-Segment-Triggered-Flow

More on adding hidden field to your submit button:

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Omar Lovert

Polaris Growth

Hello Omar.

Thank you for responding to my post.

I have created a Flow based on the Hidden Segment and when doing the test, it does not work!

Could you continue helping me, thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Nicolas Aguilera

Thanks for sharing your question with the Community! 

@Omar has done a great job jumping in to share how to add a hidden property attached to your form so users who fill out the form will be dynamically added to a segment in klaviyo, as well as the List the form is linked to. However, something to always note with a segment-triggered flow is that you will need to initially back-populate the flow first. Once you do this you should see the profile queued for the first message of the flow.

However, I’m curious, I noticed your title of the topic is about creating a ‘updated subscription’ metric. Can you share what your intention is with creating and using this metric. If you are intending to using the ‘updated subscription’ metric to trigger a flow, you will need to create this metric via our developer documentation and then create a metric-triggered flow. The topic below would be helpful to gain further insight.

-Taylor 

Hi @Taylor Tarpley 

Thank you for responding to my post.

I tell you more or less my case.

On my Shopify page I have an insert in Klaviyo's Signup Form to attract potential clients, in which a Flow is activated and in said email I send them a link so they can schedule an appointment with me. In addition, I can separate my potential customers into different lists based on their responses for future campaigns.

Now, I tried to fill out the form again, but with the same previously registered email and I never received an email, that is, said Flow was never activated (since the email is already registered).

It is crucial for me that every time a client fills out the Signup Form, they are sent an email and schedule an appointment with me, because that is where I can close business.

So my question is: How can I leave it configured so that the client is always?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Nicolas Aguilera,

I can see that this similar question you asked in a different thread was answered so I’m linked it here!

-Taylor

Hi @Taylor Tarpley

I tell you that I still can't solve my problem.

I have sent 2 emails to the Klaviyo developers to see if they send me one according to my needs, but still nothing :(

can you help me