Solved

Mailchimp Historical Data - does it delete after removing integration?

• 17 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’m in the process of migrating from Mailchimp to Klaviyo.

I seem to have successfully imported all of the historical data from Mailchimp to Klaviyo and I’m getting ready to start sunsetting our Mailchimp account.

If I remove the integration between Mailchimp & Klaviyo, will all the historical data remain in Klaviyo or will it be deleted once the integration is broken?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 17 February 2022, 18:49

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @harleywiltsey 

Thank you so much for reaching out to the Klaviyo Community! Happy to help with this!

I’m sure you have already seen the guide to migrating from Mailchimp, but for those who might not have seen it, it is a great starting point. At Klaviyo we believe that you should own your data and marketing. Once data has been synced into Klaviyo it is yours, and we will never delete any data in your account. You will have the opportunity to remove data on your own if you choose to (although it is not recommended to do this) but we will never delete your data. So when you are ready to remove your Mailchimp integration you can rest assured that all of your information and data will remain in Klaviyo! 

Badge +2

Wonderful! Thank you so much Stephen! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

You are so welcome! Happy to have you as a member of the Klaviyo Community and look forward to seeing more collaboration with you in the future!